World Nomads Travel Photography Scholarship 2015 now is over!
This is your opportunity to be mentored by a professional photographer on assignment in Nepal and to capture the beauty of this stunning country and the resilient spirit of its people. From the snow-capped slopes of the Himalayas to the colourful local festivals, Nepal is a photographer’s dream destination.
This is your chance to showcase your photography talents and unique perspective. The aim of the scholarship is the give the winner a foot in the door to the travel photography industry, so you’ll need to convince us that you are the best person to send.
Your photo essay should showcase your:
- Ability to convey a story through photos (and their captions)
- Excellent technique
To apply, simply follow these 3 steps:
- Shoot your photo story (maximum of 5 images).
- Your images must tell a story about a place you have visited. ’Place’ may be anywhere; somewhere in your own community or much further away. Each of the 5 shots must have accompanying caption text (1-2 sentences) to help contextualise the shot.
- Craft a 1500-character essay telling us what winning this scholarship would mean to you and why we should choose you.
- Your written essay will have significant weighting in the judging process, so think carefully about why you should be chosen.
- Tell us about yourself, your passions, why you love photography, what drives you to take a better shot, where you would like to go with your photography etc. Help us form a picture in our mind of you as a person with your text.
- Complete the application form including your personal details along with uploading your photos.
You can submit only one entry per person.
This photography competition is open to any non-professional photography students or keen amateurs/pro-amateurs looking build a career in travel photography of all nationalities(subject to obtaining a visa to enter Nepal) older that 18.>br> However, you must have an exceptionally high degree of proficiency in written English.>br> You must have a current, valid passport and you must be available as per the dates set out. Please note these dates are not changeable in any way.>br> You must be fit and healthy as moderate levels of physical work are involved as well as a number of late nights!>br> You should be an exceptional photographer with a lust for adventure, have a strong desire to be mentored and grow your photographic knowledge and skills, an ambition to forge a career in travel photography.>br>