Your Umbrella Your Perletti now is over!
Perletti and Desall.com, has been recently announced new product design competition titled Your Umbrella Your Perletti, inviting you to create a new umbrella, able to distinguish itself from the competitors thanks to its design and style details that make it a very distinguishable product.
New product design competition, Your Umbrella Your Perletti has been recently organised by Perletti and Desall.com, inviting all designers and creative talents of any nationality to design a new umbrella, able to distinguish itself from the competitors thanks to its design and style details that make it a very distinguishable product.
Perletti is an Italian company, specialized in the distribution of umbrellas and rain accessories for adults and kids. Perletti products are all based on a concentration of passion and life styles, projected daily into the future... Perletti is looking for concepts and product ideas for a new umbrella. You are thus invited to explore solutions aimed at its customisation and style that may help the Perletti brand to be easily recognised by the final user. You are free to give your own interpretation to the product drawing on your creativity and background.
Product typology: the umbrella can be available both in long and mini versions – shall be customised through various elements that will contribute to make it a highly distinguishable product for the final user.
Customisation elements: in order to make the umbrella an iconic product, you may include various customisation elements. For the purpose of the contest, you may focus even on one single customisation element.
• Handle: usually available in various shapes and styles, both for the long and mini versions, it is one of the most important elements in the customisation of the umbrella. The handle leaves space to various customisation possibilities that you are invited to explore as you prefer, for example in the choice of materials, finishes (soft touch, carbon finish, pearlescent, iridescent, rubber, etc.), shape, juxtaposition of materials or other processes. In addition to the style requirements, keep also into consideration the ergonomic features of this element, to offer both great aesthetic value and good usability for the final user.
• Tips: end elements of the ribs where the canopy is fixed; they are another element for your customisation of the umbrella. You are free to give them shape and colour at your discretion.
• Top: depending on the umbrella typology – long or mini – there’s a top element, that you may consider for customising your umbrella.
• Ribs: they are currently made of fibreglass, iron or aluminium mainly – for instance, they may be customised in the colour or in the design of the joints.
• Case: it is a very characterising element, giving the fact that – in addition to the handle – it constitutes the visible part when the umbrella is closed.
• Closing strap: you are free to explore new solutions to make it a very charactering element for your umbrella, also exploring at your discretion the use of different materials (ex. fabric, cords, chains, etc.).
• Canopy: it is customised through graphics, colours, patterns, solid colours, etc.
• Other elements or accessories: at your discretion, you may suggest the use of other customisation elements such as labels, pendants, etc. to make your umbrella really unique and distinguishable.
In addition to the elements described above you may suggest other elements or customisation solutions that make your products a really distinguishable product for the Perletti brand.
Style: you are free to adopt the style you prefer, even in discontinuity with the current stylistic language used by Perletti. At all events, your umbrella shall be designed for the city and be perceived as a dynamic and modern product, which favours clean lines.
Shapes: you may suggest innovative shapes for the various elements, still keeping into consideration its ergonomic aspects and in view of its industrialisation.
Size: the new umbrella shall comply with the standard for this product typology, both for the long and mini versions. You are invited to take into consideration also the proportions between the various elements of the umbrella (for ex. handle size vs the overall umbrella dimensions, etc.). For more details, please refer to the Material files attached and to the collections available on the Perletti website. Materials: you may suggest the use of various materials (for ex. ABS, PVC, metals, etc.) including finishes (soft touch, carbon finish, pearlescent, iridescent, rubber, etc.) or various material combinations. You are nevertheless free to suggest possible innovative solutions, always in view of the product industrialisation.
Values to convey: your umbrella shall be perceived as a very recognisable, original product, able to constitute a very distinguishable element in the market, thus becoming an iconic product for the Perletti brand.
Logo: for the purpose of presenting your project, you may include the Perletti logo in a discreet way.
Upload all the images that better present your projects, giving maximum visibility to the customisation elements you suggest. If necessary, remember that you can also attach a .ZIP archive containing extra materials. Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Your Umbrella, Your Perletti” will be accepted.
• Degree of distinctiveness (5/5)
• Degree of innovation (4/5)
• Aesthetics (4/5)
• Economic sustainability (4/5)
• Functionality/usability (3/5)
There is no entry fee to participate!
Participation is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.
There is no entry fee to participate!