The Taiwan’s Golden Pin Concept Design Award 2019 is now open for entries. This competition is open to any designer, be it professional or hobbyist, with a passion for creative design and ideas for social change.
In a time constantly striving for progress, innovation, and stretching the limits of what is possible, do you have fresh and creative solutions? If you do, then you could be the next great designer of our time. With the potential to win a substantial prize money, organiser invites you to come and demonstrate your talents and make your ideas become reality! Entries are limited to works that have yet to be manufactured and marketed in the current year.
The are four cattegories:
• Product design,
• Spatial design,
• Communication design,
• Integration design.
Entrants can enter as an individual, group, or company.
There is no restriction on the number of entries (Submission for multiple categories is permitted).
Preliminary Selection (Early July, 2019)
• Description of design: Description should be written in paragraphs instead of bullet points. Do not exceed the word limit (200 words for Chinese/1200 characters for English).
• Entry pictures: Please upload 1 to 3 pictures in landscape orientation. The pictures should be A3-sized (29.7cm×42cm) JPEG files with a resolution of 300dpi.
• Video link (optional): For entries of digital content/dynamic images or webpage/interactive design , the entrants should provide video links.
It is strongly suggested that entrants upload a video showcasing the features and functions of the design. Video should be uploaded to
Note: The video link will be used by the jury during online selection (Preliminary Selection). It is strongly suggested that uploaded entry videos be set as unlisted to limit public access to the video.
Secondary Selection (Mid-August)
The prototype/scale model of the prototype/poster of each entry should be delivered to the Secondary Selection before the given deadline.
• Product Design: 1:1 prototype or scaled-down model.
• Visual Communication Design:
- Poster: Limited to five A1-sized (59.4cm×84.1cm) posters (mounting is not required).
- Video: Link to the full video should be sent to the designated email address to await assessment.
• Packaging Design: 1:1 prototype or scaled-down model.
- Design of derivative applications should be presented with 1:1 prototype or scaled-down model.
- Spatial Design: Limited to 5 x A1-sized (59.4cm×84.1cm) posters (mounting is not required).
• Integrated Design:
- Physical Entry: Project proposal or related exhibits. Posters do not require mounting.
- Digital Entry: Link to the full video should be sent to the designated email address to await assessment.
Final Selection (End of September, 2019)
• Presentation file format (including but not limited to): PowerPoint presentations and PDF files.
• Video file format (including but not limited to): MP4, MPEG, and MPG files (length of each video is limited to between 1 and 3 minutes).
• Video subtitles: Chinese and English
Prototypes or models submitted by entrants who passed Preliminary Selection are reviewed by an in-person jury. Entrants who pass the Secondary Selection are awarded a Golden Pin Concept Design Award ‘Design Mark’ and qualify for Final Selection and the chance to be named Best of Golden Pin Concept Design.
The winners will be announced at the award ceremony that will be held in Taipei City on December 5, 2019.
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
The Golden Pin Concept Design Award 2019 is open to any designer, be it professional or hobbyist, with a passion for creative design and ideas for social change.