The 1st International Drone Show Choreography Competition is now open for entries inviting those already developing drone light show animations or anyone familiar with Blender software to try themselves as drone show designers. Join to demonstrate a hidden potential of drone light show animation designers globally and build a community of like-minded people passionate about drones and modern art!
The task is to create a 50 drone New Year animation with a maximum length of 5 minutes using Blender animation software. A designer can make any shapes and use any colours.
➜ Technical correctness of the animation
- Does the animation meet all the requirements?
- Takeoff and landing formations 50 drones
- Not exceeding 5 minutes etc.
- Does it pass velocity and collision tests?
➜ Artistic value
- Is the animation original?
- What new ideas does it bring to the table?
- Does it involve elements previously not seen in drone shows?
➜ Following the theme
- Does the animation follow / fit the "Winter Holidays / New Year" theme?
➜ Visual impact
- Does the animation leave a lasting impression on the viewer?
- How dynamic is it?
- How impressive is the use of color?
The winning animation will be performed and filmed by the Drone Show Software team in December 2020.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This competition is open to anyone familiar with Blender.
The 3 best authors will be mentioned in the global media campaign, offered projects in 2021 and granted with a free training to use Drone Show Software (worth EUR 12,000 each). One of 3 authors will become the 1st prize winner receiving iPhone 12 while his/her animation will be turned to a live drone show! It will be filmed and distributed to international media and social platforms in December 2020.
video animation competitions free