L A M P 2020 Lighting Design Competition now is over!
CALL FOR ENTRIES: The L A M P in partnership with Design Milk has recently announced a 6th edition of its international L A M P lightning design competition 2020, this year themed “Balance” with aim to discover and promote emerging talent in lighting design.
The 6th edition of L A M P International Lighting Design Competition is now open for submissions. The competition is aimed to discover emerging designers and encourage the advancement of established designers while delivering a unique platform to showcase these talents and introduce them to wider audiences.
The competition is open to 3 categories:
➜ There are no limitations on material type.
➜ Floor, Table or Pendant/Sconce light fixtures are all eligible, with designs intended for indoor use.
➜ A Maximum of 6 image files in the following format must be submitted and must include the following: - A minimum of 1 image of the whole fixture itself.
- A minimum of 1 image of the fixture clearly illustrating the scale of the design: situated next to a known object to demonstrate the intended size.
- 1 image clearly showing detail of materials.
- (optional) Maximum of 1 video file may be submitted in MP4 or MOV format.
- Images must be JPGs at 300 dpi resolution and no larger than 6 MB each. ➜ Concept statement, 150 words max., including objectives and how they were met, design challenges, technological and/or material innovations, and social and environmental impact.
➜ Aesthetics: Contemporary, visually appealing and marketable.
➜ Function: Practicality of design’s intended use.
➜ Creativity: Uniqueness and innovation of design concept.
➜ Social and Environmental Responsibility: Extra consideration for use of recycled materials or materials with minimal environmental impact.
Entries will be evaluated also on their concept design (sketch, rendering and prototypes accepted).
➜ Manufactured: $150 Additional entries $115
➜ Professional: $100 Additional entries $75
➜ Student: $50 Additional entries $25
Who can participate? ⇣
Entrants must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary design or other artistically inclined program at time of submission. Individuals or teams are welcome to submit.
Participation in L A M P as a finalist affords you the following benefits:
● Winners of each Category will receive a custom made L A M P trophy.
● Online feature on the L A M P website for the duration of one year following finalist announcement.
● As a finalist your design will be promoted through our newsletters and social media.
● Opportunity to be featured through our exclusive partner, Design Milk across their various media channels.
Design Milk’s audience has over 500k+ readers monthly and more than 8 million social media followers.