The PAVE Student Design Competition, organised by Planning and Visual Education Partnership (PAVE), now in its 26th year, is open for entries for 2020. The PAVE Student Design Competition promotes “real world” design experience for college-level students interested in pursuing careers in the retail design industry.
This year PAVE in collaboration with SketchUp challenges students to design an innovative brand experience for SketchUp that will take the form of a pop-up space which must be adaptable, mobile and transformable and can be located in different environments: a mall, a college campus, a park, etc.
The goal is to develop a space which exploits the design potential that SketchUp offers, and leads to an increased number of SketchUp adopters.
Students participating in this competition will demonstrate the will to innovate, redesign, and reinvent an actual retail design space.
Your challenge is to design a brand experience for SketchUp that will take the form of a pop-up space which must be adaptable, mobile and transformable and it can be located in different environments: a mall, a college campus, a park, etc.
• Each entry should be submitted in a 11x17-inch format, not to exceed 14 single-sided pages. (cover page not included in page count)
• Written concept statement that highlights the unique approach to the concept and the rationale for design decisions. (325 words max and up to 6 bullet points)
• Image Strategy (Format: mood board of no more than 10 images) that inspires and visually describes the experience.
• Floor plan that includes a client journey overview.
• 1-2 perspective views in context
• 2-3 vignette views of key experiences
• Materials palette.
• The design drawings must be generated using SketchUp to a large extent. Some combination of manual drawing and other software is allowed.
• The submission should address the general requirements of the design brief at a scale and composition determined by the student.
• You are encouraged to utilize the tools SketchUp offers and provide a video walk through of your design but that is OPTIONAL and not a requirement of your submission.
• Design Concept: Imagination, inspiration, and creativity
• Space Solution: Traffic flow, fixture layout, merchandise exposure, adjacencies, form, and organization
• Interior/Architectural Design: Style, appropriateness, colors and materials, fixtures,use of technology,lighting, and merchandise presentation
• Expression of The Bank of AmericaBrand: Logo color, style, signage,graphics, and integration of technology
• Quality and professional presentation of work
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This annual international competition is open exclusively to undergraduate/college-level students involved in retail planning, design, visual merchandising, branding and similar programs.
Prizes include grants to students and the winning students may even see their designs come to life.
• 1st Place – $3,000
• 2nd Place – $2,000
• 3rd Place – $1,000
• Honorable Mention – $500
Also, SketchUp licenses will be awarded.
Find more: official website