Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2020 now is over!
Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2020: The Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize, the leading international photography competition has been recently opened for entries in its 2020 edition and like every year celebrating and promoting the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
The Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2020, now is calling for entries! This is the leading international photographic portrait competition, which celebrates and promotes the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Organized by the National Portrait Gallery in London, the Prize has established a reputation for its diversity of photographic styles submitted by a range of photographers, from gifted amateurs and photography students to established professionals.
• The photographs must be ’Portrait’ interpreted in its widest sense, of ‘photography concerned with portraying people with an emphasis on their identity as individuals’.
• All photographs must have been taken by the entrant from life after 1 January 2019.
• Photographs can be black and white or color.
• You can submit up to six individual portraits or portraits in a series.
• Photographers may submit up to 6 individual portraits or portraits in a series. A ‘series’ may mean either a group of separate portraits around a particular theme, or a number of pictures that when shown together combine to make up a single portrait work.
• Each image must be saved as a JPG/JPEG and be smaller than 3 MB.
All images will be viewed by a panel of judges and the entrants who are successful in this round will be invited to deliver their work to a venue in London for the final round of physical judging.
All entrants will be notified if their work has been selected for the online exhibition on Monday 19 October 2020.
This year the exhibition will be displayed online, from Tuesday 24 November 2020, in a virtual gallery that replicates the rooms of the NPG. This virtual exhibition will allow the Gallery to reach a wide international audience and ensure that the competition is able to continue as planned during the current Coronavirus pandemic.
Entry fee is 20 GBP per photograph entered.
Open to everyone aged 18 and over from around the world.
The winner of the competition will receive 15,000 GBP. In addition, the judges, at their discretion, will award cash prizes to one or more shortlisted photographers.