Young Fashion Designers Mobile Video Contest now is over!
Open Art Week 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, launches Young Fashion Designers Mobile Video Contest, to support young talents working in one of the most affected creative sectors, the fashion industry.
Young Fashion Designers Mobile Video Contest now is calling for entries! This competition is supported by the Italian Cultural Institute in Tunis and D&B Consulting and realized in collaboration with the Italian Embassy in Tunis, the Tunisian-Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, IED - Istituto Europeo di Design, ESMOD Tunisia.
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, OPEN ART WEEK launches a competition of fashion mobile videos. The call is created to support promising international talents in one of the most affected creative industry during the pandemic crisis and is open to Italian and Tunisian students and young designers at the beginning of their career.
The fashion industry is rapidly changing following the COVID-19 pandemic.
Closure of shops, health restrictions concerning to sales of clothing, impossibility of organizing fashion shows and downsizing of productions have led to rethink economic and aesthetic models of the industry.
New approaches and visions on creativity, sustainability and technology are challenging new forms of responsible creation.
What can be created in response to these challenges?
What kind of world can we imagine through fashion?
This call for applications seeks to explore innovative themes and solutions, through the gaze and creations of young talents. The competition aims to promote young designers through the organization of an online exhibition curated by OAW and the coordinator of Saint Laurent Couture Institute and through the award of two prizes.
Are you an Italian or a Tunisian fashion designer?
Are you under 30 years old?
Do you have a green, innovative imagination, open to social changes?
Do you have a smartphone and you make short videos to share the mood of your collections, your creative universe and your sources of inspiration?
What organizer is looking for?
• Live and act in the world to come. New visions and ideals
• Local know-how
• your portfolio in PDF (max 10 MB)
• a short mobile video – presentation in HD (max 30 seconds) in which you tell:
1) who you are and where you come from,
2) where you learned to design;
2) your creative vision;
3) what you create;
4) what would you like to become / or do in the future.
• a short mobile video on the mood of your collection/s in full HD, 30 FPS, horizontal format (1920X1080), with extension .mp4, lasting min. 60 – max. 120 seconds, with original or free license music to present and promote your world view through your creations / collections.
The 10 finalist videos will participate in an online exhibition curated by OAW and the coordinator of SLCI. The 2 prizes will be awarded to the winners of the contest.
There is no entry fee to participate!
For the further information please visit the official website.
Who can participate? ⇣
The call is open to Italian and Tunisian students and young designers at the beginning of their career under 30 years old.
• 10 finalist videos will participate in a collective online exhibition curated by OPEN ART WEEK and the coordinator of Saint Laurent Couture Institute and they will be screened on-air by OAW, the Italian Institute of Culture in Tunis and the project partners in November 2020.
• The first best video selected will be awarded 1.000 euros.
• The second best video selected will be awarded 500 euros.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!