D&AD New Blood Awards 2020 now is over!
New Blood Awards 2020, organised by D&AD has been recently opened for entries, dedicate to young people, students and recent graduates of any age, is a great way for emerging new talent to experience the reality of the creative industry.
D&AD New Blood Awards, one of the largest competitions for emerging creatives to exercise and showcase their talents, has been recently opened for entries in its 2020 edition. This award each year celebrates and nurtures outstanding work in the design and advertising industry with the aims to cultivate new talent, ensuring the next generation of creatives gets off to a flying start.
’We’ve developed the briefs to challenge emerging creatives, in order to prepare them with the skills needed for the world of work to ultimately help bridge the gap between what education teaches and what the industry requires. We want to help new talent realise what they can achieve given the right platform and opportunity. There are 19 briefs for this year from which you can choose set in partnership with some of the world’s leading brands. All entries have to be a response to one of this year’s briefs. You can respond to as many briefs as you like. You can also submit more than one response per brief.
How do I enter?
Download any and all briefs you like the look of. Each one comes with its own brief pack, full of useful things like background information, inspiration and brand logos to help you on your way. Then it’s up to you to create your response. The brief and brief pack will tell you how to format and present your work ready to submit. The entry will open in early 2020. Once the entry is open you can upload your work online.
A lot of the briefs ask you to show highlights from your creative process, research, and development. To do this, you could include...
• a summary of your research approach
• the key insight that led to your solution
• how you developed the idea from insight to solution.
• alternative ideas you explored.
• scamps, initial hand sketches, prototypes, mock-ups.
• mood boards and other reference imager
How to prepare your entries:
• Use Video for Presentation films, moving image executions, TV ads, etc. Format need to be MP4 and MOV only. These must be multiplexed with audio and video in one single file. Do not include a clock or slate at the start.
• Use your time wisely and wow the judge, summarise your project in the first 30 seconds, focus on the creative idea and its relevance to the audience. You don’t need to make it elaborate and fancy. If you’re demonstrating an idea using mock-ups and screenshots, clearly show how it would work.
• JPEG is the only image format accepted, colour mode need to be RGB and image resolution need to be at least 300dpi, maximum file size do not need exceed 10mb, dimensions at least 410mm on the longest side. Since images will be viewed on screen so landscape is strongly recommended unless portrait mode is integral to the brief. Aspect ratio up to you, but since your work will be viewed on screen, ranging from judges’ own laptops to widescreen TVs, so images will look their best in landscape at 16:9.
• Your slides must be clear and easy to view when the image is viewed as fit-to-screen on a standard laptop. Organizer strongly recommend landscape format. Make sure text is big enough to be read without zooming, and keep it short, clear and relevant.
• If you woudlike to submit Physical Work like prototypes, mockups, print executions, etc. Download labels for physical work from the entry site when you submit your work. Fill them in and attach entry labels to the back or base of each object. Package together and attach a completed postage label to the package. Your package must reach D&AD at the address on the entry labels by 5pm GMT on Wednesday 27 March 2019.
• If you woudlike to submit Interactive Work (Urls) like interactive executions, digital prototypes, websites, apps, etc. URLs are only accepted where the website itself is part of the entry, or to send zip files via Dropbox. Interactive work must be Chrome compatible.
• If you woudlike to submit Text (PDFs) like scripts or written content(eg. long-form copy) only. PDFs are only accepted for text-only content – don’t include images. These need to be A4, and only 1 page per file. Use a clear font and 12 point text.
• If you woudlike to submit Audio like radio or audio content executions only. Your file format need to be MP3, sample size: 16-bit, sample rate: 44100khz, maximum file size do not need exceed 10mb, file extension must read .mp3. Don’t include audio introductions or presentations.
Your ideas will be seen by representatives of the brands, along with a panel of top creatives from around the world.
• An excellent creative idea
• Great craft or execution
• Answers the brief
The cost per entry is £20. For D&AD Full Members and Education Network Members, it’s only £15.
For further information about this competition please visit the official website.
D&AD New Blood Awards is open to advertising, design, digital and marketing students, recent graduates and young creatives worldwide. To enter as a student, you must be enrolled on a recognised full or part-time Higher Education level course, anywhere in the world, on 1 January 2020.
You can enter as an individual, or up to 5 people can work together and enter as a team. Students and non-students can work together too. If you're a student you need a tutor to enter.