YouFab Global Creative Awards 2018 now is over!
YouFab Global Creative Awards 2018: YouFab Global Creative Awards that every year recognizes and celebrates creative works and inventions, has been recently opened for entries for 2018 inviting anyone to take a part.
YouFab Global Creative Awards 2018 organised by FabCafe has been recently opened for submission calling for entrants from all over the world. This competition every year recognizes and celebrates creative works and inventions that stem from a powerful collaboration between digital and physical fabrication.
Over the years, YouFab Global Creative Awards have evolved into a global platform that recognizes and promotes extraordinary trials, initiatives and creative works that bring together digital and physical elements.
This year’s YouFab theme is “Polemica!! How do you rebel? And against what?”
Organizer is calling for entrants from all over the world to show how you nail the art of fabrication. They want to challenge the idea of sensible, defying sound judgement and “hack” common sense. They are truly looking forward to seeing entries that align with this spirit and are looking to support such works.
Entrants are to choose one of the following categories below:
• Student (only eligible for those who are enrolled in an university or a vocational college at the time of entry. There are no age or nationality entry restrictions.)
• General (there are no age or nationality restrictions to this category therefore is open to anyone of interest whether it be individuals, groups or corporations.)
YouFab 2018 grants also the “Lion Award” as a special prize in collaboration with Lion Corporation. The theme for the award is “MERGE – A future where work and life merge together”. For those with works related to the theme, it is possible to apply for the Lion Award along with the YouFab 2018 application.
• Submissions should be creative experiments, works and inventions that stem from powerful collaborations between digital and physical fabrication. These submissions can encompass physical products, art, architecture, or intangible projects such as performing arts, events, workshops and experiments.
• A condition of entry is that the submitted work be in its completed/operational form, not left in the conceptual phase as design plans or proposals. Submissions can be something that has already been launched, or something yet to be unveiled.
• Please be aware that while applicants maintain all copyrights to their submitted works.
• There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit.
• YouFab will accept applications written in languages other than English. However, please be aware that the judgment will be made in English so they recommend that there be an English explanation along with the submitted language.
Submissions must meet the following requirements:
1. Photos - One main photograph of the submitted work is required, saved in JPEG, GIF or PNG format, you can submit also two supplementary photos if you want. Image size need to be around 10MB.
2. Video introducing your submission (no more than 5 minutes) is optional.
3. Explanation of submitted works
Please include an explanation including the following in 200 words or less.
1. What did you create?
2. Why did you make it?
3. How did you make it?
4. Your entry’s specifications (weight, scale and structure etc.)
5. A description about the Lion award (only those who apply for Lion Award)
Entry period will be from August 1st, 2018 until 12:00pm (noon) October 31st, 2018 Japan time.
Winners of the YouFab Global Creative Awards 2018 will be selected based on the following criterias:
For the Lion Award, the following points will be used to assess creative works:
The YouFab judges will review and decide the Grand prize, First prize, Student award, and General award. The Lion Award will be granted by the the special judges.
The Awards Ceremony will be held in Tokyo in early February, 2019.
There is no entry fees to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Anyone can apply regardless of nationality or age. Entry is open to the public whether it be individuals, groups, and or companies.