| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
ADC 98th Annual Awards - International Design award
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The ADC Annual Awards 2019, the oldest continuously running industry award show in the world, recently is opened for entries and like every year celebrate the very best in advertising, design, illustration, photography, packaging, motion and digital media, all with a focus on craftsmanship and innovation.
The ADC Annual Awards 2019 is now calling for entries, honoring the very best from branding to broadcast media, from interactive to illustration, from photography to fashion, from packaging to product design, from animation to advertising and represents nearly a century of celebrating impeccable artistry and craftsmanship.
The ADC Awards, part of The One Club for Creativity, is the oldest continuously running industry award show in the world. Now heading into its incredible 98th year, these Awards celebrate the very best in advertising, digital media, graphic and publication design, packaging and product design, motion, experiential and spatial design, photography, illustration and fashion design all with a focus on artistry and craftsmanship. The ADC Annual Awards is a reliable industry barometer for where craft will lead us in the years to come.
"ADC's core principle of celebrating great craft and design is perfectly aligned with these two professions," said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club for Creativity. "Craft and design are arguably the most critical factors in both fields, and now creatives working in those areas will now have the chance to share the same global stage and spotlight with the leading practitioners in other creative professions."
Reaffirming its defining focus as the leading global awards program to celebrate all forms of craft, design and innovation, ADC has added two new stand alone disciplines this year: Fashion and Spatial Design.
For the first time, an array of creative talents in the fashion industry — from fabric and apparel designers to fashion illustrators and jewelry designers — from both large and small companies will compete with one another and have their work judged by a jury of industry peers, to be announced shortly.
The same is true for Spatial Design, a conceptual design discipline that crosses boundaries of traditional design specializations such as building design, landscape architecture and design, interiors design, service design, certain areas of public art and more.
There is a total of 16 categories:
• Brand / Communication Design
• Design for Good
• Experiential Design
• Fashion Design
• Motion / Film Craft
• Packaging Design
• Product Design
• Publication Design
• Spatial Design
All entries must have been printed, published, aired or broadcast for the first time in any country between January 1, 2018 - February 24, 2019.
• Physical 2-D and 3-D entries for Advertising, Brand / Communication Design, Fashion Design, Packaging Design, Product Design and Publication Design require reference images which must be uploaded digitally, and corresponding physical print elements must also be supplied to the ADC Annual Awards.
• If you are entering one of the Digital categories and you are submitting a URL, this URL should not simply be a link to Youtube or Vimeo. The URL field is meant for landing pages, websites, sizzle reels, etc.
• DIGITAL IMAGES - image need to be saved in JPEG format, the longest side of each image should be at least 2400 pixels long, the longest side of each image must be a maximum of 4800 pixels long, max file size need to be 5 MB, RGB.
• VIDEO FILES - Video submissions will only be accepted through online upload. DVDs will not be accepted. Resolution of 1920 x 1080 is preferred and recommended (minimum resolution can be 1280 x 720). All videos must be submitted in 16x9 format, 4x3 videos should be submitted with black pillars in .mov or .mp4 format, H.264 compression with a maximum bit rate of 8196 kbps, audio compression must be AAC, file size need to be no larger than 200 MB.
• AUDIO FILES - audio submissions will only be accepted through online upload in format MP3, no larger than 200 MB.
• For entries not in English, provide an English translation. For video entries not in English, provide English subtitles in the video.
Outstanding entrants are selected by highly respected juries, and honored with coveted Gold, Silver and Bronze Cubes, presented at the Annual Awards Gala in New York in May, 2019 during Creative Week. Beyond these Cubes, however, ADC Annual Awards winners join a rich legacy of past honorees that include some of the most influential artists of the past century.
Last year, a tiered pricing structure was introduced to make it easier for smaller agencies, studios and freelancers to participate. Larger companies pay the standard entry fee; smaller shops get a discount on entries (amount varies by discipline) and freelance creatives and one-person shops are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.
Who can enter?
Entries may be submitted by any company or individual involved in the creation or production of the work.
Beyond the coveted Gold, Silver and Bronze Cubes, the ADC 98th Annual Awards also presents special honors for entrants that stand above even those prestigious accolades.
For all further informations about the ADC 98th Annual Awards visit the following official website: