Azure Magazine’s 2018 AZ Awards for Design Excellence now is over!
Azure Magazine’s 2018 AZ Awards for Design Excellence: AZURE Magazine is accepting entries for 2018 AZ Awards, its annual international design award in its 8th edition like every yaer focused on contemporary architecture and design invites all architects, designers, manufacturers and students of design-related disciplines to partecipate.
Now in it’s 8th year, AZ Awards, annual design award organised by Azure Magazine , are open for entries for 2018 and like every year is focused on contemporary architecture and design.
Recognizing excellence and innovation, the AZ Awards showcases the best architecture, landscape architecture and interior design projects as well as products, concepts and student work from around the world. Since its launch in 1985, AZURE has earned a global reputation for excellence.
The 2018 AZ Awards includes the following categories:
• Landscape Architecture
• Experiential Graphic Design
• A+ Award for Student Work
Projects must be completed by December 31, 2017. Products must be prototyped or in production. Concepts must have been developed or presented for the first time in 2017.
• Images: You may submit up to 20 images and/or drawings/renderings in jpg format, at least 300 dpi. Images must NOT contain the name or logo of the designer, architect, firm, company, client or manufacturer.
• Video: Entrants are encourages to share videos of their work that help to communicate the project. It is preferred that the video is shared via web link (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo), but we will accept direct uploads in .mov, .mp4 or .mpg format with a file size less than 1GB.
• Project Description: No more than 500 words including objectives and how they were met, design challenges, technological and/or material innovations, social and environmental impact. Project descriptions must NOT contain the name or logo of the designer, architect, firm, company, client or manufacturer.
• Project specs: No more than 300 words including dimensions, materials, fabrication techniques, manufacturing/building process.
All entrants may be considered for the Social Good Award and/or the Environmental Leadership Award. A winner in each of these categories will be selected. For the Social Good Award, projects must advance social equity and have a positive impact on the collective realm. For the Environmental Leadership Award, projects must show sensitivity and respect for the use and management of natural resources throughout their lifecycle, especially with respect to materials and energy use. Projects may be entered in one or both categories.
Each project is evaluated on its own merits according to the following criteria:
• Aesthetics: Is the design contemporary, visually and intellectually stimulating? Does it provoke curiosity, have the capacity to uplift spirits or simply delight?
• Function: How well does it serve its intended use? Does it effectively resolve problems?
• Creativity: Does it incorporate a unique approach, use a new medium or materials? Is it technologically innovative, forward-looking?
• Social and Environmental Responsibility: Does it make respectful use of materials and resources? Does it possess a long life span? Does it contain recycled materials and/or can it be recycled? Does it provide a social benefit?
• Early-Bird Fees: for entries submitted by February 1, 2018, midnight EST1
A+ Award for Student Work: $35 per submission
All other categories: $150 per submission for the first two submissions; $130 for each following submission
• Regular Fees: for entries submitted after February 1
A+ Award for Student Work: $45 per submission
All other categories: $175 for the first submission; $150 for the second submission; $130 for the third+ submission
Each entry includes a 1-year digital subscription to AZURE Magazine, valued at $25.95 CAD.
This competition is open to all architects, designers, manufacturers and students of design-related disciplines.