The 11th edition of design award titled Taipei International Design Award (TIDA) 2018 organised by the Department of Economic Development(DOED) of the Taipei City Government, is now open for entries.
Taipei City Government organizes the Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”, as an on-going gesture to the world, particularly to those with a passion for creativeness and design, a gesture in projecting the urban branding imagery of “Design Taipei; Dream Taipei. Here is an open call for outstanding international designs and an effort to shape Taipei into a convergence platform for creative designs, thereby to discover creative designs with business potential, and further still, to encourage practices of social design in an advocacy that design as a medium can bring humans a better, more pleasant and convenient life.
Taipei City Government has been devoted to shaping Taipei into a city with design visions and has been encouraging designers to contemplate on the meaning of design, to see design as a problem-solving tool, that is, to solve problems inevitably faced by the general public, the society or the city, and to further present Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”.
Competing fields include Industrial Design, Visual Communication Design and Public Space Design. This year, for the first time, a cross-category “Inclusive Design Award” will be set up, with the theme of playground equipment or playgrounds. Creative designers, teachers and students of design schools and people with design passion from around the globe are invited to submit design works, to be publicly selected among international design works, as well as serve as creative design exchange platform to discover creative works with commercial potential.
Entries are grouped into three main categories:
• Industrial Design — this category refers to design works that can be mass-produced, including general and digital application, transportation tools, equipment and instruments, daily utilities and household goods, IT and home appliances, etc.
• Visual Communication Design — includes designs of digital graphic creations, identity, posters, packaging and printing (including digital printing) etc.
• Public Space Design — designs for open space provided for public use, government buildings and certain private establishments.
• All files should come in the formats of jpg, png, bmp, under 3MB in size and 1190 x 840 pixels in resolution.
• Upload design concept description, max.500 words.(English as the main language supported by other languages when necessary).
• Maximum 3 photos for categories(Industrial Design and Visual Communication Design) and for (Public Space Design) you can submit Maximum 5 photos of the same work from different angles. Compressed photos. Can be in jpg/png/bmp formats of the size 1190 x 840 pixels, resolution above 72 dpi. Max.3MB per photo.
Please ensure the image resolution of the entries is sufficient enough for jurors to comprehend the work content and for the design concept to be presented fully.
You are encouraged to use universal design to improve the city’s economic, social, environmental, and cultural development by providing its users with a safer, harmonious, and more convenient lifestyle.
Moreover this year, for the first time, a cross-category “Inclusive Design Award” will be set up, with the theme of playground equipment or playgrounds.
Entries must be original creations of the contestants completed after June 30, 2016.
There is no entry fee to partecipate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
Everyone around the world are welcomed to participate individually or as a group (each group is limited to five members) with one member as main correspondent.