Fentress Global Challenge 2017 now is over!
Fentress Architects has been recently opened registration for its annual Fentress Global Challege, student design challenge for 2017 inviting students to envision “The Airport of the Future“.
This international design challenge for young and student architects invites participants to envision an airport of the future.
Participants are encouraged to re-envision the terminal building in the year 2075, taking into consideration local context, technological trends, project feasibility and passenger experience. In line with the speculative nature of the competition, participants should seek to improve every dimension of the airport terminal building. All entries should delve into one or more broad topics related to airport architecture and the future of aviation such as urbanization, globalization, technology, flexibility, security, and adaptability.
Participants are encouraged to use clear, concise language to convey ideas, key points and design solutions. Photographs, diagrams, renderings, animations, or collages and other visualizations are encouraged to help explain the concept, respecting the rules previously described.
The design concept shall be submitted in PDF format and include:
• Up to 8 pages in 11 inch x 17 inch format, landscape orientation
• Large fonts that can be viewed on a projector
• A brief overall description of the design concept
• Supporting diagrams, plans, sections and perspectives are encouraged
• The unique registration number in the upper right corner of every page
• The digital file may be no larger than 20MB, and must be named after the registration number, for example: FGC20170000.pdf
• Names, affiliations or other forms of identification must NOT be used in the document. Entries with such designations will be deemed ineligible and will not be judged or displayed.
There is no entry fee for this competition!
Who can participate? ⇣
This competition is open to graduate and undergraduate students who are currently pursuing architecture or engineering degrees at an accredited university program, as well as recent graduates (within the last four years) with a degree in architecture or engineering.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!