The Call for Entries titled Valtra Design Challenge 2017 is now open!
Valtra Design Challenge 2017
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
Valtra, an worldwide brand of AGCO and leading manufacturer and service provider of the machineries this year is hosting an international tractor design challenge inviting all designers, academic design studios, design studios and automotive suppliers to partecipate and show their vision for tractors in 2040.
Valtra, an worldwide brand of AGCO and leading manufacturer and service provider of Valtra tractors, has been recently organised an international tractor design challenge inviting all designers to partecipate and to show their vision for tractors in 2040.
Valtra has won several renowned international awards for their products.
Valtra is a leading manufacturer and service provider in the Nordic countries and it enjoys a growing reputation in South America. Valtra machines are sold in over 75 countries.
Valtra tractors are recognized for their reliability, versatility, durability and Nordic roots.
World and people in it are changing faster than ever before. This creates big challenges for food production in the future. To guarantee wellbeing of future generations we need more advanced methods and equipment. Tractors as versatile machines have been playing a key role in this progress and we believe this will continue also in the future.
Tractors as versatile machines, play a key role in food production and the challenges in guaranteeing the wellbeing of future generations.
The organizers seek for answers to the following questions:
• How will tractors look, feel and function in 2040?
• How will they keep us fed and make running of farms exciting and rewarding?
• How are they intuitive and easy to use and make things happen more efficiently and environmentally than today?
The submission should consist:
• Concept title
• Main novelty of the concept (min. 150 characters, max. 300 characters)
• Description of the concept (min. 700 characters, max. 2000 characters)
• Images (jpg-format, max. 6 images, max. size 5MB each)
• Video (optional, max. size 100MB)
Submissions must be the applicant’s own creation, must not be in production and must not have been previously published or exhibited.
Jury will judge the projects based on the following criteria:
• Relevance to the theme
• Concept originality
• Innovativity, design value and quality
• Development potential
• Implementation and manufacturability
• Design displayability
• How well the design idea reflects the Valtra heritage and core product values: individuality, reliability and durability.
Winners will be announced at Valtra International Press conference in The Netherlands, on 31 May 2017. Valtra will cover travel and accommodation expenses for one person of each team.
There is no entry fee for this competition!
Valtra design challenge is open to all designers, academic design studios, design studios and automotive suppliers.
1st price: 10 000€
A total of 13,000 Euro will be awarded in prize money, of which 10,000 Euro are reserved for the best design.
For all further informations about the competition Valtra Design Challenge 2017 or to submit your works visit the following official website: