2020 AZ Awards for Design Excellence now is over!
AZ Awards 2020, annual internatioanl competition now is accepting entries in its 10th edition and like very year focused on contemporary architecture and design invites all architects, designers, manufacturers and students of design-related disciplines to partecipate.
The AZURE Magazine announces the 10th edition of its AZ Awards for Design Excellence, striving to once again recognize the most innovative, inspiring and exceptional work in the design and architecture community.
Recognizing excellence and innovation, the AZ Awards showcases the best architecture, landscape architecture and interior design projects as well as products, concepts and student work from around the world.
The 2020 competition includes the following categories:
• Landscape Architecture
• Experiential Graphic Design
• Student Work
In addition to the category in which they are submitted, entries may also be considered for the Social Good Award and/or the Environmental Leadership Award. A winner in each of these categories will be selected. For the Social Good Award, projects must advance social equity and have a positive impact on the collective realm. For the Environmental Leadership Award, projects must show sensitivity and respect for the use and management of natural resources throughout their lifecycle, especially with respect to materials and energy use. Projects may be entered in one or both categories.
• Aesthetics - is the design contemporary, visually and intellectually stimulating? Does it provoke curiosity, have the capacity to uplift spirits or simply delight?
• Function - how well does it serve its intended use? Does it effectively resolve problems?
• Creativity - does it incorporate a unique approach, use a new medium or materials? Is it technologically innovative, forward-looking?
• Social and Environmental Responsibility - does it make respectful use of materials and resources? Does it possess a long life span? Does it contain recycled materials and/or can it be recycled? Does it provide a social benefit?
The winners will be revealed at the AZ Awards Gala in June, 2020 in Toronto and published in the
• Early-Bird Fees (until 31 January 2020)
- A+ Award for Student Work: $35 per submission - All other categories: $150 per submission for the first two submissions; $130 for each following submission
• Regular Fees (after 31 January 2020)
- A+ Award for Student Work: $45 per submission
- All other categories: $175 for the first submission; $150 for the second submission; $130 for the third+ submission
For further information about this competition please visit the official website.
Architects, landscape architects, product designers, interior designers, students and manufacturers from around the world are invited to register and prepare their submissions for 2020.