| by InfoDesigners
The winners have been announced on
Design competition titled AECOM - Urban SOS 2016: Fair Share
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
Link: Official Website
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
7th Urban SOS, a global student design competition "Fair Share" presented by AECOM and Van Alen Institute in partnership with 100 Resilient Cities has recently been launched for 2016 to create a new generation of digital innovations combined with physical design strategies to improve how cities provide housing, open space, transportation, jobs, care, and many other services and resources.
AECOM and Van Alen Institute by 7th edition of Urban SOS design competition challenge students around the globe to come together across disciplines to tackle some of the most pressing issues faced by the world’s cities.
The so-called "sharing economy" has changed the way we live, work, get around, take care of daily tasks and interact with each other. But even bigger transformations are possible. It’s time to imagine a new generation of digital innovations combined with physical design strategies to tackle some of the toughest challenges facing cities today.
Fair Share: the 2016 Urban SOS competition, calls on multidisciplinary teams of students to come together and apply the tools and technologies of the sharing economy to support more equitable access to resources, improve the built environment and enrich the quality of life of urban residents.
Jurors will evaluate proposals based on the following criteria:
- It clearly communicates key existing conditions of the chosen site, the people the proposal addresses, the infrastructural need, the urban context and how the proposal will achieve its stated goals.
- It demonstrates interdisciplinary thinking and collaboration among students from different fields of expertise.
- It proposes unconventional strategies that marry the innovations of the sharing economy to design and the built environment in order to address the selected site, people, infrastructural need and urban context.
- It connects to and builds on existing initiatives from businesses, philanthropic entities and government agencies.
- It proposes a feasible solution or set of solutions that resourcefully addresses real-world constraints.
- It increases urban infrastructure’s ability to operate efficiently and equitably, and improves the quality of life of the people affected by these systems.
The competition challenges teams of up to four students from different disciplines to come together to identify a problem or need that current infrastructure struggles to serve. The problem may be global in nature, but teams must identify a specific site and city for their proposal. They will determine how design and technology can create a sharing system with both digital and physical components that address this need.
There is no entry fee for this student design competition!
Expert juries of global thought leaders in five cities around the world will select competition finalists. The winning team will receive US $7,500 and up to US $25,000 of in-kind support from AECOM to bring their project to life.
For all further informations about the competition AECOM - Urban SOS 2016: Fair Share or to submit your works visit the following official website:SUBMIT NOW!