Australia's Good Design Awards 2020, one of the oldest and most prestigious international design awards in the world, now is calling for entries!
Each year, through their annual Good Design Awards program, they recognise and celebrate excellence in cutting edge design and breakthrough innovation. The Good Design Award accolades are among the most respected and recognised international design endorsement symbols in the industry. These registered trademarks are visible indicators of good design principles and an organisation's commitment to design excellence.
The seven main categories are the following:
• Architectural Design - Includes architecture, interior design, landscape design, urban design, public spaces and facilities, office and retail fit outs, street equipment, environments and exhibition design.
• Communication Design - Includes corporate branding and identity, advertising campaign design, commercial art, graphic design, primary, secondary and tertiary packaging, POS displays, signage, wayfinding and print media.
• Digital Design - Includes software, websites and online portals, user interfaces, smartphone applications, animations, gaming and digital media.
• Engineering Design - Includes projects that represent excellence in all areas of Engineering Design. Entries will be accepted that cover mechanical engineering design, electronic design, agricultural engineering, automotive engineering, heavy engineering, systems engineering, civil engineering, naval architecture and structural engineering.
• Fashion Design - this category has been established to recognise businesses that are using design and innovation to positively impact the future of the fashion industry, from a sustainability perspective.
• Next Gen - The Next Gen Category (previously the Young Australian Design Awards), is open to young Australian designers, engineers, innovators and entrepreneurs. It was created to inspire the next generation of Australian designers and to help foster a culture of design, innovation and creativity in Australia.
• Precinct Design category - this category will recognise projects where a holistic design approach has been adopted in the design of precincts and includes elements such transport, education, health and other services – all designed to improve the quality of life for people and contribute to better economic, social and environmental outcomes.
• Product Design - Includes industrial design, consumer product design, furniture design, software-electronics design, engineering design, medical device design and automotive and transport design.
• Service Design - Includes the design of services and systems for the private and public sector, education and government agencies. Sectors covered include banking, financial services, legal services, tourism services, health and medical services, insurance services and more.
• Social Innovation - The main objective of this category is to recognise the role of design in creating a better society.
• Design Strategy - The main objective of this category is to recognise the role of design in driving business strategy. The Design Strategy category has specific evaluation criteria that evaluates how organisations use design as a strategic tool to be more competitive.
Applicants may enter as many entries as they would like to be assessed by international expert judging panel. The same entry may also be submitted in more than one category if applicable.
Prototypes, off-tool samples or products, services or projects still under development or construction are not eligible to enter. The entry must be available on the market prior to the announcement of the Awards at the Good Design Awards Presentation Ceremony.
• Good Design
• Design Innovation
• Design Impact
The 2020 Good Design Awards will be presented at the annual Good Design Awards Ceremony in Sydney on 9 July 2020.
Registration entry fo all categories cost $450 + GST per entry, instead for Social Impact category is $150 + GST per entry and for Next Gen category is free of charge.
Thsi design competition inviting all designers and innovators around the world to participate.
The following accolades will be awarded:
GOOD DESIGN AWARD WINNER
The Good Design Award Winner accolade is awarded to products, services or projects that, in the opinion of the judges have satisfied the evaluation criteria for Good Design. There is no limit to the number of Good Design Award Winner accolades.
GOOD DESIGN AWARD GOLD
The Good Design Award Gold accolade is awarded to products, services or projects that have not only met the criteria for Good Design, but exceed them. There is no limit to the number of Good Design Award® Gold accolades.
GOOD DESIGN AWARD BEST IN CLASS
The Good Design Award Best in Class accolade represents the highest level of design excellence in a sub-category and represents absolute best in class design. The Good Design Award® Best in Class accolade is limited to the top 30 projects in the Good Design Awards. Recipients are presented on stage at the annual Good Design Awards Ceremony.
GOOD DESIGN AWARD SUSTAINABILITY
Good Design Award Sustainability is awarded to an entry that represents the highest level of excellence in sustainable design practice and is limited to only one (1) recipient that in the judge’s opinion, will have a positive impact in promoting excellence in sustainable design.
GOOD DESIGN AWARD OF THE YEAR
The Good Design Award of the Year is the highest design honour bestowed in the Awards and is granted to only one (1) overall winning product, service or project that represents ground breaking design at an international level. The recipient must surpass all design evaluation criteria and in the judge’s opinion, showcase absolute excellence in design at every level. Above all, the recipient of this coveted accolade must demonstrate that it is making a positive impact in helping shape a better, safer and more sustainable world, through design.
Winners will have widespread exposure via mainstream media, digital and social media channels, Vivid Sydney exhibitions and national and international trade fairs and exhibitions.
Moreover, exclusive networking opportunities and exposure to a wide range of Australian and international designers and business leaders through celebratory events and design conferences.
Filed under ⇣design architecture architecture design interior design landscape urban design exhibition design communication design brand advertising graphic design print digital design web design animation game digital media engineering design fashion design product design service design social competitions
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: https://good-design.org/good-design-awards/