Beautiful X Sustainable Design Competition - DESIGN COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
Beautiful X Sustainable Design Competition
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this design competition:
The Beautiful X Sustainable is an Design Competition recently organised by FindersKeepers and YUME, invites all designers to participate with intent to show that beautiful design and sustainability doesn’t have to be opposites.
FindersKeepers, a platform for upcoming design and YUME has been recently announced Beautiful X Sustainable – Design Competition to show that beautiful design and sustainability doesn’t have to be opposites.
Organizer invites all designers to show how their interpret sustainability into the design of new products.
In order for the product to be considered in the comptetion, the following criteria must be met:
1. THE PRODUCT SHOULD CONTRIBUTE TO A MORE SUSTAINABLE WORLD - For the product to be considered, it is important that sustainability has been thought into the product. It is important that reflections have been made, for how the product contributes to sustainability. As inspiration for how you can describe the products sustainability profile, you can refer to YUME’s Sustainability Guide, in which different concrete aspects of a product’s sustainability is described. It is appreciated if you refer to the ‘icons’ that are relevant for your product in your application. YUME’s guide links into UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, which you can also use for inspiration. You can read more about them here: https://www.yumecph.com/sustainability/sustainable-development-goals/
2. THERE MUST BE A PHYSICAL PRODUCT READY FOR 10-11 NOVEMBER - In order to be able to participate in the competition, you mus have a physical product (finished or prototype) that they can show at the exhibition at the design market on 10-11 November in Lokomotivværkstedet. It is important the product is transportable.
3. THE PRODUCT SHOULD BE MADE FOR ORDINARY CONSUMERS - The product should be made with the regular consumer in mind, as they wish to show with the competition that beautiful design can work in tandem with sustainable design. It could for example be design products within:
• Furniture and lighting
• Interiors (home accessories as rugs, ceramcis, glasware, kitchen ware etc.)
• Fashion (wearable textiles)
• Fashion accessories (for example jewelry, watches, bags)
• Kids (for example clothes, toys)
• Artworks (for example sculpture, prints, wall decorations)
• Food & Packaging (sustainable foods with a design element)
1. PDF DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCT
• Titel of the product
• Name of the designer and – if relevant – producer
• Links to website, Facebook and Instagram
• Contact information
• Description of the product (max. 200 characters)
• Description of the products sustainability profile
2. 3-5 HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOS/RENDITIONS
After the deadline 21st of October the jury selects the 10 finalists, who will have their designs exhibited at FindersKeepers Design Market in Lokomotivværkstedet in Copenhagen on 10-11th of November. During the market, the guests can vote for the design they like the best. After the market the winner is found based on the votes of the guests (counts as one), and the votes of FindersKeepers, YUME, and the jury.
There is no entry fees o participate!
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
The Beautiful X Sustainable – Design Competition invites all designers to interpret sustainability into the design of new products.
The 10 finalists of the competition will have their designs exhibited at the FindersKeepers X Yume design market in Lokomotivværkstedet on 10-11. November 2018. The winner of the competition receives a cash prize of DKK 10.000 as well as guidance from members of the jury and exposure on FindersKeepers communications channels.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the Beautiful X Sustainable Design Competition or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://finderskeepers.dk/en/visit-market/market-in-copenhagen/design-competition/
Category: DESIGN COMPETITION
Published by: InfoDesigners
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Listed by: InfoDesigners