Cap Innovation Contest now is over!
Cap Innovation Contest: New product design competition has been recently released on the site Desall.com and organized by Giflor, inviting you to design an innovative cap for cosmetics, personal care and the food sector, able to offer a new user experience.
The Giflor and Desall.com recently has announced new product design competition inviting all designers and creative talents of any nationality to design an innovative cap for cosmetics, personal care and the food sector, able to offer a new user experience.
The Giflor is looking for innovative concepts for a new cap to be used in the cosmetic industry, personal care and food sector, able to replace the flip top cap category widely used in this market. The aim of this competition is to develop a new cap built with no hinge that may stand out from the competition in terms of usability, user experience and functionality.
• Product typology: you are invited to design a cap without hinge, to be opened and closed with a single hand, that may replace the flip top typology (see the Giflor catalogue for some examples of flip top caps) and that my stand out from the competition in terms of usability, user experience and functionalities, able to engage and attract the customer with a multisensory or innovative approach.
Ideally, the new cap shall be single-component.
• Function: in addition to performing the main function of being closed and opened in a safe and easy way, your cap shall offer further functionalities in view of creating a more engaging user experience, for example by suggesting an approach that goes beyond the only function of cap or possibly thinking of ways to reuse the cap after its normal lifecycle.
• Transportation requirements: the cap you design shall be able to comply with the transportation requirements set by the increasingly predominant market of the e-commerce. For this purpose, you are invited to take into consideration the requirement for a safe storage, creating a product that uses the minimum volume possible, with an airtight closure, to prevent any accidental leakage. Furthermore, the cap shall provide the user with a feedback to let her/him understand whether the cap has been closed correctly or not. Currently, for instance, many flip top caps suitable for the e-commerce, make a characteristic sound to give users the certainty that the cap is tightly closed.
• How to use: the user shall be able to open and close the cap with a single hand, for a much more user-friendly and comfortable experience.
• Where to use: the cap will be employed for products dedicated to cosmetics, personal care and the food sector, that find application in various contexts of use, from indoors (restroom, home, professional saloons, etc.) to outdoors, for instance for users that travel taking their products with them.
• Size: the cap shall be as light as possible, both in view of the transportation requirements and of creating a lower environmental impact, thanks to the less use of plastic materials.
• Nice to have (optional): at your discretion, you may suggest a dosing system integrated into the cap. By squeezing and turning the bottle upside-down, the user may release a controlled amount of liquid, through a self-limiting system of the liquid. You are free to analyse the solutions currently available on the market and to propose a possible alternative solution of your own.
• Style and shapes: you are invited to design a cap with a great aesthetic value and a great attention to detail, capable of giving birth to a new stylistic code that may distinguish it from the current Giflor catalogue and from the competitors.
However, the aesthetics of the cap shall not have too characterising elements, as it should be well suited for bottles with different shapes and styles, depending on the client brand. You are free to suggest the shapes you prefer, even suggesting squared shapes or non-rounded details.
• Colours: you are free to suggest various colour solutions, either with single-colour or multi-colour caps, also in relation to the use of one or more materials.
• Surface finishes: if they are part of your project idea, you may propose the use of some surface finishes realized on the mould (no post-processing will be taken into consideration).
• Values to convey: the cap you suggest shall be perceived as a unique and innovative product, possibly in view of an eco-sustainable development. Aspects related to usability and user experience will be given major importance, by researching a product considered reliable in every respect, from the airtight closure to its robustness even during transportation.
• Customer typology: the cap you suggest will be employed in a wide range of products for cosmetics, personal care and the food industry, both for the large retailers and specialised resellers. Accordingly, keep into consideration a very wide and varied public, trying to offer a solution that may be intuitive and suitable for any kind of customer.
Upload all the images that better present your projects, for example showing some photo-realistic renderings, some views including the cap in use and a visual (and possibly also textual) description of how it works. For a better evaluation of your projects, you are also invited to attach 3D files in .STP or .IGS format through a .ZIP archive. You can also include additional material (PDF, other views, etc.).
Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Cap Innovation Contest” will be accepted.
All texts provided with your uploads (abstract, description, tags, etc.) should be written in English.
• Degree of innovation (5/5)
• Functionality/Usability (User experience) (5/5)
• Aesthetics (5/5)
• Eco-sustainability (4/5)
• Economic sustainability (4/5)
There is no entry fee to participate!
This competition is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.
There is no entry fee to participate!