The CarpetVista Design Competition has been recently announced for its 2018 edition providing you the opportunity to design carpets and see it produced.
The aim of this competition is for you to design a carpet, and CarpetVista will then provide the production.
• The carpet should have a modern feeling and the motif should not to be too detailed. The size and shape (round, square, rectangular etc.) may vary depending on the design.
• The same design can be produced in different color-combinations. (If you provide designs in different color combinations we see this as an added advantage).
• The design should be creative and commercially viable
• The design must be original
• The carpet will be made by hand, so shades can be a challenge
• You should also suggest a name for your design.
• The design should suit a carpet that measures up to 2x3 metres (6′ 7″ x 9′ 8″)
• You are welcome to submit several designs.
• Aim for one of the most common rug shapes
The carpet will be hand-tufted or hand-woven using the highest quality materials. Depending on the motifs the materials are selected, it will be either entirely of wool or with a warp of cotton and a pile of wool. Elements of silk in the pile may also occur.
The design that you submit must not infringe on anybody's intellectual property rights and it must not have been used in previous production. Plagiarism is forbidden and plagiarized designs are immediately disqualified.
The competition has two phases. The finalists are picked by an experienced jury that has expertise in textiles, art, design and carpet production. The designs that make it to the final will be displayed on CarpetVista and CarpetVista's visitors will cast their vote to select the winner.
There is no entry fees to participate!
It's free to enter!
The CarpetVista Design Competition 2018 is open to designers from all over the world.
The following prizes will be awarded:
• 1st prize: 1,977 EUR + 989 EUR Carpet credits + your own design in production
• 2nd prize: 989 EUR + 989 EUR Carpet credits
• 3rd prize: 494 EUR + 989 EUR Carpet credits
• 4-10 prize: 297 EUR + 989 EUR Carpet credits
The winning designs will be produced in a limited edition and sold exclusively on CarpetVista. You and your art will be marketed in Europe’s largest trading place for textile art.