Cosentino Design Challenge 2017 now is over!
Cosentino Design Challenge 2017: 11th edition of Cosentino Design Challenge, annual architecture and design competition organised by Grupo Cosentino has been recently opened with the aim to support students during their formative stage and to encourage them to research on different conceptual approaches to the layout of spaces and the construction systems.
The aim of the Cosentino Design Challenge, annual architecture and design competitions is to support students during their formative stage and to encourage them to research on different conceptual approaches to the layout of spaces and the construction systems defining them.
This research and reflection, along with the themes proposed in each edition, have as their basic principle respect for the environment, reuse and management of waste and the possibility of reusing excess material as high-quality raw material.
Cosentino Design Challenge consists of two categories:
CDC International Design - The 11th Cosentino Design Challenge International Design Competition has the objective of: “COMMERCIAL & TECHNOLOGY”. Students may choose the form and surface of the area of action freely.
CDC International Architecture - The 11th Cosentino Design Challenge International Architecture Competition has the objective of working on: “COSENTINO & TRAVELLING”
Participating in these Cosentino Design Challenge competitions is of great value for students for many different reasons:
- CDC assists students in their formative stage to become familiar with the process of taking part in architecture and design competitions, which will later become another of their areas of professional activity.
- CDC is held under the same conditions as a professional competition, so that this familiarisation will be as productive as possible.
- CDC provides incentive for research, reflection and creativity, among others, by means of prizes that acknowledge the effort and quality going into the projects presented.
- CDC offers students the chance to know the trends, level and way of working students have in cities and countries other than their own, which are aspects of great importance in a global society where competitions and professional activity have an increasingly international focus.
- CDC offers students contact with a multinational company with which they can establish professional and even commercial relations.
The jury will be made up of a professor representative of each partner school and persons of renowned prestige in the world of architecture and design.
The jury will examine the following criteria:
- The conceptual and technical quality of the project.
- The analytical study, thought process and research of the subject.
- The research on the spatial experience of the suroundings.
- The creativity of the design.
- The innovativeness of the design.
- The environmental respect of the design.
- The adaptation of the project idea to the expressive capacity of COSENTINO GROUP brand materials and products.
- New ideas for materials, finishes, applications, etc. that may arise.
- The feasbility for the development and construction of the projects presented.
- The adaptation of the chosen medium for the presentation with regards to graphics, expressivity and the kind of idea presented.
- The presentational quality of the design.
No pre-inscription is required.
The competition is open for submissions at 9 a.m. on 18th of October 2016 and closes on 7th of June 2017.
An enquiry period for the Competition Terms and Conditions will be open between 1 October 2016 and 31 May 2017.
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
This competition is open for students.