4th Design Award “Light up your idea”: Riva 1920 now is over!
Riva 1920 is promoting the 4th Design Award ’Light up your idea’, design competition for the design of a CHAIR, using natural materials such as: wood, leather, iron, fabric. The chair can be upholstered or not, can be with or without armrests, stackable or not stackable.
Riva Industria Mobili S.p.A. of Cantù, a company selling its products under the registered trade mark of RIVA 1920, is promoting the 4th Design Award “Light up your idea”, design competition for the design of a CHAIR, using natural materials such as: wood, leather, iron, fabric. There will be two classes of participants:
- Class 1: under 26 (people who will not have reached the age of 26 by 3.11.2016)
- Class 2: over 26 (people who will have reached the age of 26 by 3.11.2016)
For both of the two categories is allowed to participate as an individual or in a group. Each participant, as an individual or member of a group may submit one single project.
The project submitted must be original and unpublished.
The solutions presented will enhance the materials employed, respond to criteria of aesthetics, functionality and ergonomics.
A fundamental requirement is to know how to integrate harmoniously with the collection of branded furniture Riva 1920, enhancing the features and the types of wood.
Each participant will have to upload:
- 1 sheet under “Preview of the project”, strictly in jpg format (not exceeding 1MB, 3000x2000 pixel, 72 dpi). This will be the first sheet analysed by the jury and can correspond to the render or to any other image representing the project you want to show as a preview (general concept of the project). The sheet must contain the project name and the class of participation.
- 1 sheet “Render” A3 format strictly in PDF format (not exceeding 4 MB) The sheet must contain the project name and the class of participation.
- 1 sheet under “Technical Drawing”, A3 format, strictly in PDF format (not more than 4 MB) In this section you must enter plans, sections prospects, measures and materials used.
The sheet must contain the project name and the class of participation.
- 1 sheet under “Description of the project”, A3 format, strictly in PDF format with title (name of the project) and class of participation, with a short description of the project.
- Copy of diploma or graduation certificate or of a document demonstrating enrolment in an undergraduate or diploma course in a Faculty / Institute, strictly in PDF format.
As stated, although not compulsory, it is suggested to supply us with such a document.
A simple self-declaration can also be supplied.
- Document of declaration of participation for individual or group.
In the case of participation in a group the file must be signed by each participant.
The design may be accompanied by a small model.
The projects submitted to the Jury will remain the property of the Authors; any wish to use the projects will be explicitly communicated first to the Author-s for permission.
There is no entry fee for this design competition!
Who can participate? ⇣
Participation is open to:
• all adults (a specific educational qualification or another kind of diploma/ degree is not required)
• students, architects, designers coming from the Faculties of Architecture, Institutes and Schools of Design or Art Schools.
No Entry Fee!