Eco Park Contest now is over!
Eco Park Contest: MetaFin and Desall.com recently has released new design competition inviting all designers to propose a new concept for a green recreational area that is due to be built in the near future, conceived as an aggregation space for families, a playground for children, an area dedicated to sports, culture, associative activities and events.
MetaFin , an Italian company recently has released on the site Desall.com new call for applications, looking for new ideas for the design of a new green area conceived for recreational and aggregation purposes, that will host several structures and suitable equipment.
The area assigned for the project is located within the municipality of Marcon, in the Venice province (Italy) and extends over an area of about 20,000 sqm, part of which will be reserved for the parking lot. You can find the planimetry of the area and various indications on the official website. The area will be open throughout the year. In addition to performing the main function of a recreational and aggregation area for families and children, it will also host events, exhibitions, shows that will take place in the amphitheatre and in other dedicated spaces, also in the evening. For the purpose, the area will also have some spaces clear of any installation or structure, to allow new structural works in the future aimed at the organisation of events or exhibitions.
Aim of this competition is to propose concepts for the design of the area, presenting it in every respect, also specifying walkways and other furnishing or functional elements (lights, bins, benches, etc.) that shall be included according to your project idea.
In addition to including the mandatory elements specified below, you are free to propose other elements at your discretion.
You are invited to propose where to place some furnishing elements and recreational structures, preferably choosing from products already available on the market, including furnishing items and other structures suitable for outdoor use. In particular, you are required to include:
Furnishing items and recreational structures:
• 15 tables 10-15 m long, to accommodate up to 30 people each, equipped with a reasonable number of electric plugs and possibly charging stations for electronic devices;
• 15 barbecues of medium-large size, each placed at the head of each table, for shared use;
• 40 swings, all gathered in the same area and possibly lined up;
• 3 regular-size futsal fields (Five-a-side football), with minimum length of 25m and minimum width of 15m;
• 1 regular-size half-basket field, 14m long and 15m wide;
• 1 anti-shock rubber mat, measuring 20x20m, with water sprinkles from below and possibly equipped for light games too;
• 3 in-ground trampolines, of 10-12 sqm;
• 5 ropeways 15-20m long, disseminated across the area, with a maximum height from the ground for the user of 1m;
• (optional) 1 open slide, 15-20m long, equipped with an access ladder;
• (optional) 1 skate park, small size.
At your discretion you may also propose other elements not included in the list to install inside the area, with the aim of making it as welcoming and functional as possible.
• Park entrance, with ticket booths, entrance/exit turnstiles and LED screen for communications, placed in the east side of the area;
• 1 half-moon shaped amphitheatre, with front stage for shows measuring 15x10m and a capacity of 300 seats. The amphitheatre shall be placed in such a way that the seats are not visible from the entrance, creating a hill with its back side;
• 3 WC areas, each with at least 20 bathrooms, sinks, water catchments;
• 8-10 prefabricated wooden structures, of about 100sqm each, built on a single storey and gathered in the same area. These structures will be destined to hosting sports, associative activities, events, birthday parties, etc. in addition to some small commercial businesses (bar, hairdresser, nails maker, etc.).
• The entire area will be fenced;
• Wherever needed for your project, specify the end points for electric plugs, lighting or water catchments;
• Include walkways and other furnishing or functional elements (lighting, bins, benches, etc.).
In addition to including the elements described above, make sure that some areas remain clear of any structure or installation, so that they may be used for special events, temporary shows, exhibitions, or to host future installations, etc.
Trees/vegetation or other concealing elements:
In order to make the area even more comfortable and functional, you are required to include various trees, suitable for the typical geographic area, preferring common and local species. In particular, you are required to provide:
• Masking with trees or alternative elements, to delimit the boundaries with the property present inside the area, specified as “Private property – No design area” (watch PDF file on the official website), not covered by the contest;
• Abundant planting of medium-large sized trees, to offer wide shade on the walkways and resting areas (such areas shall be specified by you in your project concept);
• Planting of vegetation all along the ditch - placed on the south end of the area – with mosquitos and insects-repellent plants.
The area you design shall have an environmentally aware style, inspired by ecological themes, that will also result in the use of wood and other natural materials, minimising the use of cement.
You are invited to present your project also providing its planimetry, that should clearly show the positioning of the elements, the use of the spaces and the overall functioning of the area. You are also required to attach some photo-realistic views that may well show the various functions of the park and to provide some indications on the proposed vegetation. In addition to the five images available from the upload form, you may attach additional and more in-depth materials inside a .ZIP archive (further images, planimetry, DWG file, etc.).
Participants can present 1 or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Eco Park Contest” will be accepted.
All texts provided with your uploads (abstract, description, tags, etc.) should be written in English.
• Functionality/usability (5/5)
• Aesthetics (5/5)
• Eco-friendliness (5/5)
• Project presentation (4/5)
• Economic sustainability (4/5)
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
This design competition is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.