The European Product Design Award (EPDA) 2020, one of the most comprehensive product design competitions, uniting creativity and innovation is now open for submissions to product designers from all parts of the world.
Winning the European Product Design Awards is a prestigious accolade, giving you greater confidence and augmenting your global profile.
The European Product Design Award was created to recognize the efforts of talented international product designers who aim to improve our daily lives with their practical, well-thought-out creations, designed to solve a problem, make life easier or simply spread joy.
Farmani Group assembled European Product Design Award to bring attention to international product design and promote the winning designers to the prominent audience in Europe. The European Product Design Award accepts submissions in the following categories:
• Catering Products
• Children’s Products
• Design for Society
• Event Supplies
• Flora and Fauna
• Home Interior Products
• Life Science Design
• Lifestyle and Travel
• Material Design
• Media and Home Electronic
• Office Equipment
• Outdoor and Exercise Equipment
• Packaging Design
• Sustainable Living/Environmental Preservation
• Other Product Designs
Entries can be submitted as conceptual designs, in progress, or as completed projects. The only restriction is that entries or completed projects must be no more than 5 years old. Submissions can be made as a Professional or as a Student.
Winners are chosen based on a single project – not for a body of work.
The judging criteria include the following:
• Innovation — does the product provide something new to the market or supplement/improve an existing product?
• Aesthetics — form, shape, color, texture, finishing, material used, etc.
• Functionality — ease of use, safety, maintenance, etc.
• Ergonomics — the product’s interaction with the user
• Durability — the quality and longevity of the design
• Impact — the benefit delivered to the user and/or society by the product
• Utility — does the product meet the intended purpose and needs of the user?
• Ecological compatibility — potential environmental and/or ecological impact
• Reality of production — how realistic is it, technically and economically, to develop and market this product large-scale?
• Emotional quotient — in addition to fulfilling its practical purpose, does the product create a sense of enjoyment, satisfaction?
The EPDA 2019 Winner Ceremony and evening reception will be taking place at the unique Brody Studios in Budapest, Hungary, on October 3, 2019. Over the course of the evening, the event will recognize and reward the excellence of EPDA Designers.
• Professional $200 - same Product in additional categories at 50% discount
• Student $100 - same Product in additional categories at 50% discount
You can get 10% Early Bird discount until the 8th of November 2020.
The EDPA competition is open to anyone aged 18+ residing anywhere in the world. Professional entries will be judged against other professionals and student entries against other students.
EPDA Trophy will be given to:
• Product Designer of the Year – Professional
If you are selected as the product Designer of the Year, you will receive the EPDA trophy as well as a copy of the EPDA Annual Book of Product Designs distributed internationally. In addition, your winning design will be promoted in a newsletter to 100,000 design professionals and potential clients worldwide, year-long coverage on our website, and critical acclaim by distinguished panel of judges.
• Emerging Product Designer of the Year – Student
This prize is awarded to the student who has demonstrated devotion to elevating the art of product design. You could receive publication of your work in the EPDA Annual Book of Product Designs; promotion in a newsletter to 100,000 design professionals and potential clients worldwide; year-long coverage on the European Product Design Awards website. Winners will also receive the certificate of achievement and winner’s seal to use online and in printed media.
All sub-category winners will also receive a winner’s certificate, seal, and a personalized press release to use for promotional purposes. All of the winners will receive extensive publicity all throughout the following year, showcasing their designs to a worldwide audience. They will be promoted on the EPDA website in the Winners Gallery and in Newsletters sent to design industry professionals and potential clients.
Winners will also be listed in the EPDA online Design Directory, making it easier for them to be reached by potential customers.
Filed under ⇣design product design competitions
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: https://www.productdesignaward.eu/