Food Service Design now is over!
The Food Service Design, new product design competition recently organised by Enofrigo invites you to design a new functional furnishing system for the food service, dedicated to the display and distribution of food products for the HORECA sector.
New product design competition has been recently organised by the italian company Enofrigo and released on the site Desall.com.
Enofrigo is looking for a new functional furnishing system, for the display and distribution of food products, dedicated to various contexts of the HORECA (Hotel-Restaurant-Café/Catering) sector, that may distinguish itself from the current Enofrigo catalogue, by bringing innovation both in terms of aesthetics and additional functionalities.
• Product typology: you are invited to design a functional furnishing system for the food service, consisting of a main furniture item, dedicated to the display/distribution of food products and of a possible series of accessory furniture items (nice to have/optional). The food products might be ready-to-eat or not, packed or fresh, portioned or to be portioned. They might be kept at ambient temperature (in case of neutral base) or maintained at a desired temperature (hot or cold, depending on the chosen option). The same system may host different preserving options (hot/cold/neutral).
• Product characteristics: the furniture item you design shall provide for:
- a good visibility of the food products on display;
- a practical usability for the final users (self-service) or by the designated personnel (if the context requires the presence of staff for the food distribution);
- a modular approach, that is be designed in view of being associated with other elements of a wider furnishing system;
- an easy to move solution, that is be designed to be easily moved from one room to another or be transported to another location when need be;
- the integration of innovative elements/accessories, to support the basic functionalities of the product (for ex. a compartment to store clean dishes, a bottle holder accessory, etc.).
Elements of the main furniture item:
- Upperstructure: this element might be equipped in different ways depending on the context (es. with a heating or cooling module or with a neutral base to store food products at ambient temperature). It might be customised in terms of materials and style, but it shall always include: a canopy (fixed or movable) with integrated lighting system, and a functional base (the canopy is fixed on this element) which also contains the various accessories to store the food products. The size of the functional base will be about 70x140 cm.
- Central body: this element is the main body of the system. The upperstructure will be fixed on top of it, while the technical components needed for heating or cooling the food will be hosted inside.
- Wheels: the system you design shall include pivoting wheels at the base, to make sure it can be easily moved.
In addition to the food service furniture item you design, you are free to suggest other furnishing items or elements that may complete the product range.
• Configurations: in order to better demonstrate the potential of your system, you are invited to represent the main furnishing item in more than one configuration or size option, as an island – free standing version, wall mounted version or in combination with more system units.
• Style: your system shall have a versatile style, suitable for various contexts of use, modern, with a minimal design, very attentive to details and aesthetics. The style shall distinguish itself from the current aesthetics.
• Size: Keep as a reference the following dimensions: about 80 cm of depth, about 150 cm of height and 150 cm of length.
• Materials: the furniture item you design shall employ different materials. In particular, the canopy shall be realised in glass or plexiglass, the frame or other elements that may possibly come in contact with food should be in stainless steel, the top shall be in quartz, laminate or other materials. The central body may be covered with wood, laminate or other materials. You are free to suggest the use of other materials or surface finishes, as long as they are compatible with their target use.
• How to use and target user: the system you suggest may either require the presence of personnel designated to the preparation or distribution of food, or else the direct use by the final users that may serve themselves autonomously.
Where to use: the system you design shall be employed in various contexts and environments, including restaurants (also self-service restaurants), catering services, hotels and other HORECA-related contexts.
Logo: you are invited to include the Enofrigo logo on your system in a discreet way.
Values to convey: the system you design shall be perceived as a reliable product, well suited for the most diverse contexts, distinguishing itself for its refined style and its attention to design.
Upload all the images that best present your projects (rendering, descriptions, CAD files, etc.) preferably attaching the 3D CAD files for a better evaluation of your proposals. You may attach these 3D files and other materials aimed at providing further details about your projects inside a .ZIP folder.
Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Food Service Design” will be accepted.
• Technical feasibility (5/5)
• Versatility (4/5)
• Functional innovation (4/5)
• Aesthetic innovation (3/5)
• Economic sustainability (3/5)
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
This product design competition is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.