360Giving by its Data Visualisation Challenge is inviting you to use their dataset to develop and visualise innovative solutions to two key questions facing the grantmaking sector.
Your data visualisations must answer the following questions that were selected by an expert panel in Quest for Questions Challenge:
1. Who has funded what over the years?
2. User-led organisations: Who funds them, in what thematic area, how much funding do they receive and what type of organisation are they (e.g. CIC, charity, co-operative, community group)?
Whether it’s an interactive web app, a graphic image, a video or another form of visualisation, organser are looking for responses to questions abow that excite and appeal. Entries must use the 360Giving dataset to answer one of the Challenge questions and you are encouraged to use other datasets alongside it. You can find a list of suggested datasets on the official website.
They will be assessed against the following criteria:
• The applicant’s ability to answer the Challenge question correctly and clearly
• Aesthetics and creativity
• How innovative it is compared to current visualisations.
All submissions will be judged by a panel made up of experts from the sector selected by 360Giving.
Winners will be announced in September 2018.
There is no entry fees to partecipate in this challenge.
It's free to enter!
Open to individuals or teams of up to eight people from any organisation or country.
Top three entries will receive prizes of between 2,000 GBP and 6,000 GBP.
In addition, each entry that meets submission criteria will receive an award of between £100 and £500 (depending on the number of submissions and their quality).
For all further informations about the 360Giving's Data Visualisation Challenge visit the following official website here.