IDEASxWOOD 2019/2020 Open Call by TABU now is over!
TABU Spa is pleasant to announce the 2nd edition of the its design competition titled IdeasXwood 2018 inviting all designers professionals and students alike to participate.
The TABU Spa, located in Cantù, international reference in the dyeing technology of natural and multilaminar wood, is pleasant to announce the 2nd edition of the design competition IDEASxWOOD 2019/2020.
This competition is aimed at the design of geometric, organic or combined decorations according to one of the following methods:
1. aimed at the creation of multilaminar veneers, 650 x 3060 mm;
2. aimed at the creation of
3. aimed at the development of three-dimensional surfaces (Groovy Collection by Tabu) made with the technique of the embossed relief or the bas-relief for the production of 1260 x 3060 mm panels;
4. aimed at the development of wooden surfaces for state-of-the-art boiserie (new SKEENS Collection by Tabu) for the production of 620 x 3000 mm panels;
The submitted solutions shall be original and unpublished and aimed at enhancing the company’s work. The aesthetic quality of the presentation and considerations about the technical feasibility of the project will be positively evaluated. The indication of at least one wood species / veneer certified as per the FSC list (consult official website) and the attention to the re-use of the wood and to the optimization of its use in the production processes will also be positively evaluated.
• Each participant of the contest, as individual as well as group, can upload up to a maximum of 2 projects.
• The projects must be delivered complete with all the notes and technical details on what is necessary for the eventual production of the project and must be uploaded to the dedicated section of the competition’s website.
• Each project must include a maximum of 3 tables - one with the complete pattern and the other two, optional, with the details - and the document with the general description.
• Each uploaded project must be in a dedicated .zip folder, named with the project title and must include:
- a short report (max 3,000 characters) describing the motivations, the general concept, the main features of the project and the materials. The .pdf file of the report must be in a vertical A4 sheet (21 x 29.7 cm);
- GRAPHIC DESIGN: formed by a maximum of 3 horizontal A3 tables (42 x 29,7 cm), as .pdf files, including:
- Tab. 1 - general overview, reference scenarios and methods of use, mood board, general concept of the design in its intended use and sources of inspiration;
- Tab. 2 - technical drawings: drawings, plans, elevations, sections, axonometric views, exploded views, construction drawings quoted in the appropriate scales and significant details relating the chosen materials; - Tab. 3 - design of the object:, rendering, photo of the model, preview image of the project summarizing its main features (may correspond to the rendering or to another significant image).
The tables must be combined into a single .pdf file (maximum file size 10 Mb).
The languages admitted for the application of participation and the project descriptions are Italian and English.
The Jury is chaired by Architect Franco Raggi and composed of architects, journalists and members of the Associations of the wood-furniture sector.
Award Ceremony will be held in Milan on Thursday May 28th 2020.
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
The participation in the competition is open to:
• Professionals Category: all Italian and foreign designers (a specific qualification or diploma/degree is not required) under the age of 39. All those who, on the date of the registration to the competition, are not enrolled in Schools, Institutes or Academies and work in the field of design, interior design or industrial design must be considered in the Professionals category.
• Students Category: all Italian and foreign students of the Universities of Architecture and Engineering, Design Schools and Institutes and Fine Arts Academies.
For both categories it is allowed to participate as individual or in a group.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!