IHA’s 2019 Student Design Competition - DESIGN COMPETITIONS FOR STUDENTS
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
Student Design competition titled IHA’s 2019 Student Design Competition
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this design competition:
The call for entries for 2019 Student Design Competition organised by International Housewares Association (IHA) has been recently opened dedicate for designs of Housewares product invites all industrial design students to participate.
The International Housewares Association (IHA) is accepting entries for its 2019 Student Design Competition , which recognizes young industrial design talent since 1993.
The IHA created its Student Design Competition in 1993 to invigorate the housewares industry with the fresh ideas of top student designers and to encourage young talent to consider careers in the housewares business. It is recognized by design practitioners and professors as a valuable contribution to industrial design education.
This competition is open for designs of Housewares product, which are consumer goods purchased by or for the user. They are portable: permanent installations such as lighting systems, sinks/bath-tubs or major appliances (washing machines, full size refrigerators) are not considered housewares.
Entries will be accepted in the following categories:
• Small Electric Appliances: Food preparation, cleaning, home environment and personal care.
• Personal Care and Home Healthcare Products: Self-care items for grooming, hygiene, and products for general health care and maintenance of minor medical needs. Assistive devices are acceptable, but equipment for long-term care or products meant to be used by medical professionals are not eligible.
• Tableware, Serving Products and Accessories: Cutlery, dinnerware, beverageware, flatware and containers for eating “on the go.”
• Cook and Bakeware: Stovetop and oven-proof ware. Cookware for travel and camping are acceptable.
• Kitchenware: Hand tools, storage containers.
• Cleaning Products: Brooms, mops, brushes, sponges.
• Outdoor Products and Home Maintenance: Barbecue grills, food and beverage coolers, picnic, patio and garden accessories, Do-It-Yourself (DIY) tools for minor home repairs and decor. Sports equipment and power tools are not eligible.
• Organization and Storage: Shelving, racks, garment care, home office accessories.
• Furniture: Indoor, outdoor and ready-to-assemble (“RTA”) tables, chairs, bookcases and home space systems.
• Decorative Accessories: Vases, mirrors, lamps, picture frames, clocks.
• Juvenile and Pet Products
• Connected Home Products: Physical products with “internet of things” connectivity and user interaction.
Your process booklet should be a maximum of 25 pages and in printed form no larger than 9” x 12”. A simple spiral bound booklet is fine. No need to get fancy with a printed book.
This rigorous competition is judged by design professionals and managers at housewares companies.
Judges rank the product according to:
• Design - concept innovation, development process, aesthetic appearance, appropriate materials and production
• Research - user observation, market positioning, product feasibility, concept testing
• Technical skills, presentation organization - clear written and visual communication,sketches, computer renderings, compelling storytelling.
Winners will be invited to the 2019 International Home + Housewares Show (2nd–5th March, 2019, McCormick Place, Chicago).
At the Show’s annual student competition display, the winning students meet business leaders and news media. Many have been hired by IHA member companies and home goods retailers; others have become entrepreneurs, educators and design managers for consumer products companies.
Winners will be notified by phone by January 30, 2019.
There is no entry fees to partecipate!
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
Eligible to enter are undergraduate and graduate industrial design students enrolled in a degree-granting program at any university in North America or other countries, with one or more projects. Team projects are allowed as well.
A total of $12,000 will be awarded in a cash prizes. Winners’ schools will also receive cash grants of $3,000.
Winning projects will be displayed in the Hall of Global Innovation at the International Home + Housewares Show (March 2-5, McCormick Place,Chicago).
Winners receive travel, per diems and lodging for six nights (Thursday, February 28 – Wednesday, March 6).
If a winner is from a school outside North America, IHA pays for travel from a U.S. location. Winners must be available for the exhibit and media.
Honorable Mentions receive a small cash award. They are not required to attend the Show. Honorable Mentions are included in media information and their entry booklets are on view in the student display.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the IHA’s 2019 Student Design Competition or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://www.housewares.org/show/sdc
Category: DESIGN COMPETITION
Published by: InfoDesigners
Organizer: International Housewares Association
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Listed by: InfoDesigners