INdoor OUTdoor Design Contest now is over!
Modula Srl, in collaboration with UNICAM (University of Camerino) promotes the first design competition of ideas on Corian looking for brilliant projects that interpret the DuPont™ Corian® by designing outdoor or, at the same time, outdoor/indoor furnishing, which enhance the technical and aesthetic qualities of the material.
“INdoor/OUTdoor contest” is the first design competition of ideas on Corian®, promoted by Modula Srl in collaboration with UNICAM looking for brilliant projects to design new furniture that could be used both as outdoor and as indoor décor, which enhance the technical features of DuPont™ Corian®.
Other materials (wood, steel, glass,...) can be used, both as complementary to the Corian®, and as inner structural components (not visible). In both solutions, however, Corian® must remain the main material of the project.
Participation to the competition is free and open to all creative people of all nationalities who will compete in two distinct sections: students and professionals.
Group participation is allowed.
The group may be composed of a maximum of five participants (group leader included).
Each participant, individual or group, may submit only one project.
The same candidate is not allowed to participate both as individual and as member of a group.
Each participant or team will have to upload the following documents only in .pdf format (maximum 12MB overall):
1. a brief written description (max 3000 types) that describes the aim, the general concept, design features and the description of the materials used. The file of the report must be in .Pdf format ISO-A4 (21 x 29.7 cm) vertically oriented;
2. copy od ID or passport of single participant or group leader;
3. graphic arts consisting of nr. 4 drawings ISO-A3 horizontal (29.7 x 42cm) .pdf format:
- Draw 1: a representative image, a render, a photomontage, or another image that is representative of the project;
- Draw 2: an overview, perspective and methods of use, mood board, general concept of the object;
- Draw 3: technical drawings: plans, elevations, sections, isometric views and details and technical components;
- Draw 4: object representation, rendering, photo of model.
The selection and evaluation of projects will take account of their originality, degree of innovation and research for new design solutions related to processing of Corian®, the ability of projects to define and anticipate areas of application and innovative concepts for both outdoor and indoor furnishing.
There is no entry fee for this design competition.
No Entry Fee!
The competition is intended for all creative people of all nationalities, and divided into the categories students and professionals, who will compete in two distinct sections.