NEWH - Green Voice Design Competition 2018-2019 - STUDENT DESIGN COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
The Call for Entries titled NEWH - Green Voice Design Competition 2018-2019 is now open!
Student Design competition titled NEWH - Green Voice Design Competition 2018-2019
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
The Green Voice design competition, organised by NEWH, the hospitality industry network, is accepting submissions for its 2018-2019 edition inviting all interior design and architecture students to participate.
The NEWH, the hospitality industry network, is accepting submissions for 2018-2019 edition of its annual global design competition titled Green Voice Design Competition inviting all interior design and architecture students to participate.
The NEWH Green Voice Design Competition provides students with the opportunity to showcase their design skills while utilizing the very best in sustainable design products and practices.
Instructors may use competition as a class project. Instructor must evaluate all projects and submit no more than the (5) top projects for consideration.
The theme of this year is about Adaptive Reuse Hotel.
• Students must execute a dynamic, creative, cutting edge design utilizing the very best products and technologies which encompass sustainable topics such as: site selection, water efficiency, energy conservation, products/materials, and indoor environmental quality. In addition to the physical aspects of design, the functional daily use of the space and how the occupants can operate the facility in a sustainable manner such as encouraging recycling and reuse, water and energy conservation to create a truly sustainable concept.
• scout and use an existing building, not currently a hotel (i.e. use Google Earth).
• convert your building and surrounding site into a hotel.
• to improve building shape/size add shipping containers to the building and site.
• all projects should encompass basic ecosystems of a sustainable project - Air | Water | Energy.
• no budget required, have fun!
• organizer encourage the use of rapid visualization sketches (actual/virtual) and perspectives to communicate your design story.
• actual work may be completely created virtually or photographed for submission.
• select either LEED or WELL v2 certification to pursue for your project (do not combine LEED & WELL v2)
• students are encouraged to research their selected certification system and project criteria, research building and finish materials and new advances in sustainable buildings
• Building must be located anywhere on earth within a Secondary or Tertiary City.
• Provide a narrative (500 words or less) on the building and city selected; describe why a developer might be interested.
• Provide Design Development of 3 spaces within the building:
1. Main Lobby - Front of House only (back office and administration not included) maximum 1,200 SF
2. Rooftop Bar, Max. 5,000 SF; Show entry/exit flow and 1/3 of floor plan reserved for the kitchen. Rooftop restaurant/bar needs to have a minimum of 25% open air/to the elements so that the students can design shading etc. The kitchen and actual bar should be in an enclosed space so that the equipment is in a controlled environment.
3. Guest Suite - This program must be space planned into the added shipping containers*- maximum of 3 shipping containers (approx. 900 SF). Shipping Container sizes will be standardized project wide as: Exterior Dimensions: 40'L x 8'W x 8'-6"H | Interior Dimensions: 39'-5"L x 7'-8"W x 7'-9"H
Design MUST include (but is not limited to):
• Building location and orientation on a site plan
• Give reasoning for selection and orientation of additional shipping containers
• Sustainable relationship to surrounding community and culture
• Select EITHER LEED or WELL v2 certification to pursue for your project (do not combine LEED & WELL v2)
• Provide material and furniture specifications to meet the selected certification process
All work must be student’s original work.
Up to 2 students majoring in Interior Design or Architecture (only) may work together as a team.
Selected top 5 finalists (undergraduate and graduate) will move on to be judged by a panel of professional industry judges. All applicants will receive an email stating their application status prior to March 30th, 2019.
Winner(s) must be able to attend the awards event with travel/lodging provided. The event is held in May annually at HD Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada. If unable to attend the awards event, the student may select one college representative to attend on their behalf.
There is no entry fees to participate in this competition!
It's free to enter!
NEWH Green Voice Design Competition is open to Interior Design or Architecture students (only); undergraduate (in a 4-year program) or graduate students attending an accredited college.
One undergraduate and one graduate scholarship of $7,500 each, will be awarded to the best designers. Winners will be invited to HD Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada, in May 2019. Each student would receive paid travel and lodging to the awards event.
To receive the scholarship, you must be a currently enrolled student with past, current or upcoming debt through your college for tuition or program approved books/supplies. If a graduate student is not selected, due to project criteria not being met, the graduate scholarship funds will be given to the interiors program of the winning undergraduate recipient’s school, and vice versa. The interiors program may utilize the award to enhance the educational needs or materials of the design studio. A school representative must be able to attend the award presentation.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the competition NEWH - Green Voice Design Competition 2018-2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: http://newh.org/scholarship/green-voice-design-competition/
Category: DESIGN COMPETITION
Official Website: Link
Published by: InfoDesigners
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Listed by: InfoDesigners