| by InfoDesigners
Student Design competition titled PAVE 2018 Student Design Competition
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
The PAVE 2018 Student design competition organised by Planning and Visual Education Partnership (PAVE) recently opened for entries now in its 24nd year invites only college-level students involved in retail planning, design, visual merchandising, and branding programs to take a part.
Annual student design competition titled PAVE 2018 organised by The Planning and Visual Education Partnership (PAVE), now in its 24th year is open for entries for 2018 with a mission to connect students, educators and professionals who support the retail industry in a vibrant, meaningful, and mentoring format.
PAVE 2018 invites participants to rethink and reinvent how The Home Depot stores can give customers the know-how they need to tackle all their home improvement projects with confidence.
In previous years, the PAVE competition was divided into two groups: Store Design and Visual Merchandising. This year the disciplines are integrated into a single challenge.
Students are invited to think about the full environment context, including both Store Design and Visual Merchandising. You may focus on your primary design area and/or collaborate with people who focus on other design areas.
The goal of this project is to give customers the know-how they need to tackle all their home improvement projects with confidence. Different customers have different know-how needs:
• DIY - Do-It-Yourself customers are their most common customers, and they rely on their main ways of delivering know-how: assistance from associates, workshops, homedepot.com, The Home Depot app and the in-store environment.
• DIFM - Do-It-for-Me customers rely on our Home Services, including installations of kitchen, bath, doors, windows, flooring and appliances.
• PRO - Pro contractors and businesses rely on us for all their construction needs—bulk prices, job site delivery, special equipment and truck rentals, and also to keep on top of current trends, from Smart Home technology to on-trend paint colors and building materials.
Organiser encourage you to:
• THINK BEYOND CURRENT TRENDS - Set the standard for others to follow
• COMBINE DESIGN FIELDS - Architecture, Interior Design, Visual Merchandising and Graphic Design
• EXPAND THE WAY WE ENGAGE OUR CUSTOMERS - To create a one-of-a-kind in-store environment
Presentation requirements and format:
• Each submission should be in 8-1/2" x 14" format, and no more than 14 single-sided pages (page count does not include cover page). Feel free to express creativity in the presentation of your submitted physical entry.
• The design can be rendered, hand-drawn, photographic and/or computer-generated.
• Students also need to submit a PDF of their design booklet on a thumb drive. Please label the thumb drive with your name (a piece of tape with your name works fine).
• A written concept statement (two paragraphs, max) must express the rationale for design decisions and how they present a unique approach to the concept.
Individual student entries will be accepted as well as entries from teams of two students. If a team of two is chosen as winner, both students will be recognized. A student who considers Store Design their strength can partner with a student who specializes in Visual Merchandising. Collaborating or adapting your strengths and areas of design study can lead to improved work as a result of looking at a situation from a fresh perspective.
There is no entry fees to partecipate in this competition!
The PAVE 2018 Student Design Competition is open exclusively to undergraduate college students involved in retail planning, design, visual merchandising and branding programs,
1st price: $8,000
Prizes include grants to students and schools and winning students may even see their designs come to life.
The grants for 2018:
• 1st place winner - $8,000
• 2st place winner - $5,500
• 3nd place winner - $3,000
Winners will also receive a travel stipend to be honored at the 2018 PAVE Gala on 5 December 2018 in New York City.
For all further informations about the competition PAVE 2018 Student Design Competition or to submit your works visit the following official website: