Porada International Design Award 2020 now is over!
Porada International Design Award 2020 is the new edition of the international design competition promoted by Porada and POLI.design, this year focused on creation of innovative concepts for different types of chairs, in which the use of solid wood is prevalent.
Porada International Design Award 2020, promoted by Porada, leading brand of Italian design, and POLI.design, under the patronage of ADI, the Association for Industrial Design is the new edition of the international design competition recently opened for entries, this year focused on different types of chairs.
The challenge is to interpret the values and identity of Porada, through the creation of innovative concepts for different types of chairs, in which the use of solid wood is prevalent (but not necessarily exclusive).
Innovation, originality and search for new design solutions for woodworking processes is the guidelines of the challenge.
Projects relating to the 2020 edition must be original and unpublished. They must enhance the use of production technologies and woodworking processes and typical finishing of the solid wood. The projects should also comply with specific functionality, with the current safety standards, with ergonomic characteristics, with both environmental and sustainable design characteristics.
Wood, whether in natural-finish, preferably in finishes prevalently used by the company, or painted, can be combined with metal, mirrors, crystals, leather, hides or fabric.
1. a brief report (max 3000 characters) outlining the motivations, the general concept, design features of the project and a description of the materials required. The pdf file of the report is to be presented in portrait orientation on ISO-A4 paper (21 x 29.7 cm).
2. technical drawings consisting of three boards in landscape orientation on ISO-A3 (42 x 29.7 cm), in pdf format.
The boards will contain:
• Board 1: an overview, reference scenarios and modes of use, mood board, general concept of the object in the context of use and sources of inspiration;
• Board 2: technical drawings: plans, elevations, sections, axonometric projections, exploded views, design drawings listed in the appropriate scale and specifics of the details and material choices, which are considered important;
• Board 3: representation of the object, rendering, photos of the model. The presentation boards should be combined into a single pdf of maximum file size 5 Mb.
3. a preview image of the project, in jpg format (maximum file size 1 Mb), summarizing the salient features (which may correspond to the render or another image deemed important) and it will be the first image viewed by the judges to identify the project.
A jury composed of renowned experts in the field will judge and select three winning projects for each of the two categories (Students and Professionals).
In evaluating the entries, the judges will take into account: their originality, the degree of innovation and pursuit of new design solutions related to the processes typically used for solid wood, experimentation with materials and surface finishes, the capacity of projects to define and anticipate scenarios of use and innovative concepts in the use of wooden furniture and contemporary furnishings, with particular regard to typological, technological and morphological decisions.
Who have been able to grasp the spirit of the competition by proposing innovative and original projects will be awarded during the Design Week 2020 at the Porada Showroom (via Borgospesso 18 in Milan).
There is no entry fee to partecipate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This design competition is open to Italian and foreign designers and creative people (individuals or groups), professionals or non-professionals, corporate employees and students.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!