RBC Canadian Emerging Designer Competition 2019 now is over!
RBC Canadian Emerging Designer Competition 2019: RBC Canadian Emerging Designer Competition, organised by Design Exchange and RBC Foundation, now is calling for entries all Canadian designers, aged 18 to 35, in all disciplines to take a part.
Design Exchange and RBC Foundation are accepting applications for the 4th edition of the RBC Canadian Emerging Designer Competition 2019. This is the only competition of its kind in Canada, where innovative design and entrepreneurialism intersect.
This national competition provides an unparalleled opportunity for emerging Canadian designers to gain exposure while celebrating the immense and diverse design talent in Canada. The competition aims to celebrate the best of the best among Canada’s emerging designers.
You can submit your portfolio of realized and soon-to-be-completed projects.
Participation is open to practitioners across all disciplines, including (but not limited to) Architecture, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Fashion, Graphic Design, UX Design, Product Design, and Urban Planning.
This competition is open to solo designers, as well as design partners and teams.
• Curriculum Vitae (2 pages, PDF format) that should include information about education, work and teaching experience, and exhibition history (if applicable); awards, grants, and residences; and other relevant information.
• Biographical statement that should not exceed 250 words
• One digital portfolio in PDF format (physical portfolios or entries will not be accepted)
What should your portfolio look like?
The content included in the portfolio is entirely up to registrant. It must include either realized or soon to be realized projects or designs that best represent the designer. Please consider the following when putting together your portfolio:
• 20 pages maximum
• NO videos or links
• Include NAME and REGISTRATION # (ie. E200) provided in your confirmation email on all work submitted
• Content included is up to designer as to what best represents their work
• Logos or names should not appear on the pages of the portfolio
• File size should be no larger than 5MB
You can submit your portfolio as a digital file through WETRANSFER, Google Drive, or Dropbox sent to/shared with email@example.com.
A jury comprised of noteworthy design professionals selected by Design Exchange, as well as representatives from RBC will review all valid entries.
The Emerging Designer of 2019 will be selected based on the following:
• Degree of Innovation
• Aesthetic Quality
• Functionality and Usefulness
• Emotional Content
• Social and Environmental Responsibility
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
The RBC Canadian Emerging Designer Competition 2019 is open to all Canadian citizens and permanent residents, aged 18 to 35, in all disciplines: graphic design/visual communication, industrial design,interior design, architecture, fashion, UX design, product design, digital media.