The goal of this design competition Ship Point Pop-Up Design Competition is to temporarily transform Ship Point Plaza into a magnetic, creative, and social ‘pop-up’ public space during the 2016 summer season.
Further moreover to select a team to design, build and install a temporary or “pop-up” public space to make Ship Point Plaza a more vibrant, unique, memorable and welcoming space that will encourage people to socialize, explore and wander.
This competition is an important initiative in creating a more inviting space at Ship Point.
The City of Victoria invites teams and individuals to submit creative design concepts to temporarily transform Ship Point Plaza, an underutilized paved plaza space along Victoria’s downtown waterfront, into a magnetic and memorable ‘pop-up’ public space during the 2016 summer season.
The Jury will give consideration to the following aspects in evaluating submissions:
- Ability for the concept to encourage social interaction and enjoyment of the space.
- Distinctive and captivating design that improves the aesthetic of the Ship Point Plaza site and surrounding area.
- Ability for the concept to better define the Ship Point Plaza site as a public space and to complement various festivals and special events.
- Durability of design and use of sustainable materials.
- Ability for the installation to be relocated to accommodate special event programming as required.
- Feasibility of design and capacity of design team to deliver the project.
The winner will be announced on June 3 and installation will take place in July to be enjoyed during the summer and fall. The temporary installation will be removed in October.
There is no entry fee for this design competition!
It's free to enter!
This competition is open to anyone, however, criteria and submission requirements lend themselves to expertise in architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, industrial design, contemporary art and other related fields.
The winning team will receive a $5,000 award and up to $35,000 to design, build and install an irresistible place that pops!
Filed under ⇣
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: http://www.victoria.ca/EN/main/departments/parks-rec-culture/parks/harbour-pathway/ship-point-pop-up-design-competition.html