SZIDF 2019 Gadget Design Award now is over!
CALL FOR ENTRIES: The SIDA, the Shenzhen Industrial Design Profession Association, and Desall.com, invite all to design the official gadget/souvenir for all the attendees of the Shenzhen International Industrial Design Fair 2019.
The SIDA, the Shenzhen Industrial Design Profession, an non-profit Chinese association founded in 2008 and Desall.com invite all to partecipate in new design competition with aim to design the official gadget/souvenir for all the participants of the 7th edition of the Shenzhen International Industrial Design Fair (SZIDF) taking place on November 03rd-05th 2019.
You are invited to design the official gadget/souvenir of the SZIDF 2019, requiring a NON-technological product for everyday needs (for ex. T-shirt, cloth bag, notebook, pen, simple objects, etc.).
• With a view to representing the current edition of the fair, your gadget/souvenir shall express the concept of ’Redesign • Reconnect’, also by using the promo materials and logo of the fair.
• The gadget/souvenir shall be a simple product, for daily use.
• The gadget/souvenir shall have standard size depending on the product typology you suggest and be easy to carry.
• You are free to employ the materials you prefer, including plastics, fabrics and other materials suitable for industrial production (not craft production). The gadgets/souvenirs shall have NO electronic components/features as they will need to be produced in time for the fair at a low cost.
• The gadgets/souvenirs will be manufactured by a Chinese factory with technologies for the mass production (e.g. injection moulding, etc.).
• The logos of SZIDF and SIDA shall be visible and applied on your products.
• Your gadgets/souvenirs will be sold to all attendees of the Shenzhen International Industrial Design Fair 2019.
Upload all the images that better present your projects (rendering, descriptions, CAD files, etc.) and, if necessary, remember that you can also attach a .ZIP archive containing extra materials.
Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “SZIDF 2019 Gadget Design Award” will be accepted.
All texts provided with your uploads (abstract, description, tags, etc.) should be written in English.
The winner will be selected by a jury consisting of high-level representatives of SIDA and Desall.
• Technical feasibility (5/5);
• Brand compliance (5/5);
• Functionality/usability (4/5);
• Aesthetics (4/5);
• Degree of Innovation (3/5).
The official award ceremony will be held in Shenzhen on the night of November 3rd 2019. The winner will be given the opportunity to showcase her/his own works at the fair with a free stand and all travel and accommodation expenses covered by the organisation, including other services specified in the Award paragraph.
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
Participation is free of charge and open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.