2019 AZ Awards for Design Excellence now is over!
AZURE Magazine is accepting entries for 2019 AZ Awards, its annual international competition in its 9th edition like every yaer focused on contemporary architecture and design invites all architects, designers, manufacturers and students of design-related disciplines to partecipate.
The AZURE Magazine announces the 9th edition of its AZ Awards for Design Excellence, striving to once again recognize the most innovative, inspiring and exceptional work in the design and architecture community.
Recognizing excellence and innovation, the AZ Awards showcases the best architecture, landscape architecture and interior design projects as well as products, concepts and student work from around the world.
There is a different categories:
• Landscape Architecture
• Experiential Graphic Design
• Student Work
In addition to the category in which they are submitted, entries may also be considered for the Social Good Award and/or the Environmental Leadership Award. A winner in each of these categories will be selected. For the Social Good Award, projects must advance social equity and have a positive impact on the collective realm. For the Environmental Leadership Award, projects must show sensitivity and respect for the use and management of natural resources throughout their lifecycle, especially with respect to materials and energy use. Projects may be entered in one or both categories.
• Images: you may submit up to 20 images and/or drawings/renderings in .jpg format and at least 300 dpi (minimum of 9” height and width). Images must NOT contain the name or logo of the designer, architect, firm, company, client or manufacturer.
• Video: Entrants are encouraged to share videos of their work that help to communicate the project. It is preferred if the video is shared via web link (e.g. youTube, vimeo), but orgaiser will accept direct uploads in .mov,.mp4 or .mpg format with a file size less than 1 Gb.
• Project description: No more than 500 words including objectives and how they were met, design challenges, technological and/or material innovations, social and environmental impact. Project descriptions and images must NOT contain the name or logo of the designer, architect, firm, company, client or manufacturer.
• Project specs: No more than 300 words including dimensions, materials, fabrication techniques, manufacturing process.
• Entries must be submitted and received via the online entry system by 12 midnight EST on Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
• Projects must be completed by December 31, 2018
• Products must be prototyped or in production
• For Concepts entries, work must have been developed or presented for the first time in 2018.
• For Student work: any industrial design product, architectural structure, landscape, interior space or unbuilt/unrealized concept developed by a student enrolled in a post-secondary design or architecture program in 2018.
You may submit your project in multiple categories, each as a separate entry.
Entries will be juried by a multidisciplinary panel of industry experts.
Each project is evaluated on its own merits according to the following four criteria:
• Aesthetics - is the design contemporary, visually and intellectually stimulating? Does it provoke curiosity, have the capacity to uplift spirits or simply delight?
• Function - how well does it serve its intended use? Does it effectively resolve problems?
• Creativity - does it incorporate a unique approach, use a new medium or materials? Is it technologically innovative, forward-looking?
• Social and Environmental Responsibility - does it make respectful use of materials and resources? Does it possess a long life span? Does it contain recycled materials and/or can it be recycled? Does it provide a social benefit?
All finalists are considered for the People’s Choice selection, decided by the general public. Voting will take place from April 4 to May 3, 2019 on awards.azuremagazine.com
All of the finalists will be announced in April, 2019. The winners will be revealed at the AZ Awards Gala in June, in Toronto and published in the June 2019 issue of Azure magazine.
• Early-bird Fees: for entries submitted by Friday, February 1, 2019 at midnight EST
→ A+ Award for Student Work: $35 per submission
→ All other categories: $150 per submission for the first two submissions; $130 for each following submission
• Regular Fees: for entries submitted after the early bird deadline
→ A+ Award for Student Work: $45
→ All other categories: $175 for the first submission; $150 for the second submission; $130 for the third+ submission.
Each entry includes a 1-year digital subscription to AZURE Magazine, valued at $25.95 CAD.
Who can participate? ⇣
The AZ Awards 2019 is open to architects, designers, landscape architects, firms, companies, clients, manufacturers and students of design related disciplines.