| by InfoDesigners
Applied Arts Magazine recently has announced the call for entry for Applied Arts Design Awards 2019, the largest and most respected show of its kind in Canada, that celebrates the very best work produced throughout North America and abroad.
These awards are your best opportunity to promote your work to an audience of the best and brightest of the industry as well as to potential clients. Over the past 26 years, the Applied Arts Awards have become an international recognition of creative excellence.
Launched in 1992, the Applied Arts Awards, Canada's largest multi-disciplinary competitions, have become an international recognition of creative excellence, and we are Canada's only competitions that recognize the work of both professionals and students across the visual communications spectrum, from image-makers to advertising, marketing and graphic designers. Applied Arts magazine is Canada's leading voice for visual communicators, so being published as a winner is your best opportunity to promote your work across Canada and beyond. The contest is open to all forms of commissioned published, unpublished and personal work from professionals and enthusiasts created between March 2018 and March 2019 (but not entries that have been submitted into last year’s competition).
For the Design Awards 2019, entries can be submitted in twelve main categories:
• Packaging Design
• Promotional Design
• Editorial Design
• Typography Design
• Typeface Design
• Craft Design
• Digital Design – Content
• Digital Design – Website
• Motion Design
• Young Blood (open to entrants who have been out of school for five years or less)
• Community Design (to help artists working on smaller projects and local clients get the recognition they deserve)
• Single: One piece |Series: Up to 3 pieces from the same project, unless indicated otherwise
• Complete Single: Up to 9 images from 1 book/publication, etc., preferably in 1 multi-page PDF.
• Complete Series: Up to 3 books/publications, etc.
• Campaign: Up to 9 pieces from an entire campaign.
Entries must be submitted in digital, hi-res format only.
Early bird deadline is March 8, 2019 and final deadline is March 15, 2019.
Applied Arts Contests are judged by panels of highly regarded industry professionals and experts in a rigorous process. Every entry is scored independently on creative merit, technical excellence and suitability for end use.
Entries are given one total score, based on three criteria only:
• Creative merit
• Technical excellence
• Suitability for end use in the category into which it is entered
All entrants will be notified in April 2019 via email. At that time, those selected as winning entrants will be required to submit high-res digital files for reproduction in the Design annual. Winners’ certificates will be mailed separately after the Design annual is published.
Entry fees start at $60 CAD and very depends of the submission category.
Who can enter?
The Applied Arts Design Awards 2019 is open worldwide to all forms of commissioned, published, unpublished and personal work from professionals and enthusiasts created between March 2018 and March 2019.
Winners will receive:
• Their work published in print in the Summer 2019 issue
• A complimentary copy of the Summer 2019 issue
• Their work published online in the Winners’ Gallery and Awards Archive
• Digital tear sheets of their work
• Their work displayed at related Applied Arts events
• A personalized, embossed awards certificate for every winning entry signed by noted designer Georges Haroutiun, the founder of Applied Arts
For all further informations about the Applied Arts Design Awards 2019 visit the following official website here.