Design contest organised like every year by Cristalplant® has been recently announced, this time in collaboration with Falper aims to engage eclectic designers by asking them to unleash their creativity and use Cristalplant to develop innovative and sophisticated products.
Organiser ask young designers to rediscover and develop the inspiration and the aesthetic appeal hidden within daily bathroom rituals, especially in the use of its most peculiar elements, with the purpose to create iconographic products that are consistent with Cristalplant’s features and with Falper’s tone of voice, choosing from the following categories:
• Top-mounted, wall-hung and free-standing washbasins
• Wall-hung and top-mounted hand washbasins
• Bath tubs
Designers can participate in the contest with more than 1 project. Past winners and special mentions cannot participate, either individually or in groups. Unselected projects will not be published to allow designers to present them and/or re-use them for professional purposes.
For each project, participants are required to submit 3.jpg images (resolution: 150 dpi; dimensions: 210x297 mm - A4 page).
Turn your most innovative and surprising ideas into unique objects!
Designers know that Cristalplant® is their most valuable ally as its unrivalled features hugely enhance their creativity.
Cristalplant® is lightweight, versatile and sophisticated. It is lab-created and practically perfect, a solid-surface material that allows creating elegant and sophisticated objects with the unmistakeable soft touch and the warm, pleasant texture of its velvety surface. Hygienic and easy to clean, characterised by a total absence of porosity, it is composed of 80% fine minerals and 20% high-purity polymers that make it malleable and easily workable.
The two other essential characteristics of Cristalplant® – its renewability and excellent resistance to shocks, mechanical and bending stress, tension and compression – make it an even more innovative and unparalleled material.
A panel of qualified judges elected by the organisers will select and award the winning projects. Projects will be assessed according to the following criteria:
• Duration - an icon can stand the test of time; it meets the needs of the present and anticipates the tastes and needs of the future;
• Prestige - from both a communicative and a commercial perspective; Intrinsic usefulness and aesthetic appeal;
• Originality - Symbolic and metaphorical meaning. A bathroom item that becomes an icon is clearly not only beautiful and quirky, but it also epitomises certain way of being, a certain lifestyle or a new daily routine;
• Elegance and simplicity, consistent with Falper’s tone of voice in one of three forms - Design, Informal;
• Luxury - Compliance with production and functional requirements, especially considering Cristalplant, but also other materials processed by Falper if the project involves their combination.
The awards ceremony will be held during Milan’s furniture fair Salone del Mobile, as part of the Fuorisalone events on 11, Via Palermo. The selected projects will be presented to the public and press during the awards ceremony to be held on Wednesday April 18, 2018.
Participation is free for creatives of all nationalities who are born after 01/01/1983.
Who can participate? ⇣
This contest is open to young creatives born after 01/01/1983, who will develop innovative ICONS projects using Cristalplant.