IDEASxWOOD 2018 by TABU now is over!
CALL FOR ENTRIES: TABU Spa organizes and promotes the 1°edition of the Design Contest titled IdeasXwood 2018 inviting all designers professionals and students alike to participate.
The TABU Spa, located in Cantù, international reference in the dyeing technology of natural and multilaminar wood, organizes and promotes the 1° edition of the Design Contest, IdeasXwood 2018 aimed at the design of:
• Geometric, organic or combined decorations according to one of the following methods:
1. aimed at the creation of multilaminar veneers, 650 x 3060 mm;
2. aimed at the creation of industrial inlays (i.e. Graffiti Collection by Tabu) both on dyed natural veneers and on multilaminar veneers - or freely assemblable - for the production of 1260 x 3060 mm panels;
3. aimed at the development of three-dimensional surfaces (i.e. Groovy Collection by Tabu) made with the technique of the embossed relief or the bas-relief for the production of 1260 x 3060 mm panels;
• Artefacts, furniture, objects or furnishing accessories to be created with the use of the surfaces of the 555.18 collection by Tabu or developed as per the previous point.
The submitted solutions shall be original and unpublished and aimed at enhancing the company’s work. The aesthetic quality of the presentation, considerations about the economic feasibility of the project and attention to the environmental impact with the use of FSC® certified wood / veneer will be positively evaluated.
For both categories it is allowed to participate as individual or in a group. If a group includes both students and professionals, the group will fall into the Professionals Category. Each participant, as individual as well as group, is permitted to submit up to a maximum of 3 projects.
All documents must be delivered in digital format and, complete with all the notes and technical details on what is necessary for the eventual production of the project. Each project must include a maximum of 3 tables - one with the complete pattern and the other two, optional, with the details - and the document with the general description.
To let experience its working activities, Tabu will organize one or more Open Days or Webinars - on dates to be defined, which will be communicated by email to the already registered participants and announced on the website www.ideasxwood.it - open to all the participants who want to have a training session on the company, its production and strategies. On these occasions it will be possible to ask for more information aimed at the development of the projects.
Projects must be uploaded in the appropriate section of the website www.ideasxwood.it no later than March 15th, 2019 h 12 pm.
The finalists of the competition will be officially published on the officil website and on Facebook immediately after the Jury’s deliberation.
The location of the prize-giving ceremony night will be communicated by January 31st, 2018 on the website www.ideasxwood.it.
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
The participation in the competition is open to:
• Professionals Category: all Italian and foreign designers (a specific qualification or diploma/degree id not required) between the ages of 25 and 39.
• Students Category: all Italian and foreign students of the Universities of Architecture and Engineering, Design Schools and Institutes and Fine Arts Academies.