Il QUARZO in forma now is over!
The CHROMA company, in collaboration with ARTÈTECO recently has launched the very 1st edition of design contest inviting all creative talents to take a part by requiring the development of original, innovative and practical and commercial design ideas.
"Il QUARZO in forma" is the very 1st edition of design contest organised by CHROMA company, in collaboration with ARTÈTECO.
To partecipate in the design contest you are invited to send your ideas based on the one or more of the following tipologies:
• SINKS - typical functionalelements of the kitchens. They can be mounted on tops and under tops or made with Continuum technology for an even more harmonious result as well as practical for everyday use.
• WASHBASINS - complement of the bathroom furniture. They are mounted on top and in some model variants it is also possible to install under the top or made with Continuum technology for an even more harmonious result as well as practical for everyday use.
• 3D SHEETS - wall linings made of quartz resin cast in molds. The result is relatively light slabs, which can be enriched by reliefs of plastic forms of greater projection and superficial textures of smaller scale.
These slabs have aesthetic purposes, to give character and interest to the wall and practices, to protect and facilitate cleaning.
The organisers asks to design the types of objects specified in quartz-resin, material on which the production of the company CHROMA is based. Starting from appropriate granulometric assortments of selected quartz sands, mixtures are created with measured percentages of resin used as a binder, then additives and pigments are added. The resulting fluid material is poured into molds of various kinds and subjected to mechanical and thermal actions to obtain correct hardening.
Quartz-resin is a material that inherits a remarkable dimensional stability, hardness and durability from natural stone materials, adding a greater surface impermeability and an extreme flexibility of the shapes and colors in which it can be formed.
A note of attention should be placed on the color of the finished material. Thanks to the dosing of the pigments in paste, CHROMA has the possibility to reproduce any shade with a very high level of accuracy. Not by chance, the flagship product consists of sinks that create geometric and chromatic continuity with the kitchen top.
There is a possibility to produce very large quartz resin sheets, whose dimensions are set in the industry records.
The dimensions for the slabs are maximum 370 cm x 130 cm and a minimum thickness of 1 cm, while for the sinks / sinks are maximum 200 cm x 100 cm x h 150 cm. Requirements:
• Product name (max 30 characters including spaces).
• Brief description of the project (use function, motivation, recipients, etc.), max 1,000 characters spaces included.
• A single table, composed of text, graphics and images, which communicates all the salient features of the project, ie maximum dimensions, functionality, materials, colors. This table must be in A1 format and proposed in .jpg, .png or .pdf format, with a minimum resolution of 250dpi.
• Representative images of the proposed object (photos, renderings, drawings, sketches), in a minimum number of 3 and a maximum of 6, possibly extracted from the table itself.
• Admitted formats: .jpg or .png of maximum 3MB (megabyte) each, minimum size 1920px for the long side, at 300 dpi (dots per inch) in RGB color model.
• 1 technical drawing in format. dxf, .dwg, .jpg, .png or .pdf of the dimensioned project, which shows at least 3 orthogonal views with the main measures. The technical drawing will not be published, but will be useful to the commission to better understand the project.
The projects received will be evaluated by an internal technical jury composed of architects, university professors, and representatives of the manufacturer that will select at least 3 most interesting winning projects from the point of view of originality and technical innovation, consistent with the theme of the competition. There is no entry fee for this contest!
Who can participate? ⇣
Participation is open to creative talents without limitation of professional qualification, aged 18 or over.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!