Porada International Design Award 2018 now is over!
Porada International Design Award 2018: Porada International Design Award 2018, design contest sponsored by PORADA ARREDI Srl and POLI.design has been recently opened for entries this year focused on different types of writing desks and dressing tables.
Porada International Design Award 2018, the 7th edition of the international design contest sponsored by PORADA ARREDI Srl and POLI.design, under the patronage of ADI, the Association for Industrial Design this year is focused on different types of writing desks and dressing tables.
The challenge is to interpret the values and identity of Porada, leading brand of Italian design, through the creation of innovative concepts for different types of writing desks and dressing tables, in which the use of solid wood is prevalent(but not necessarily exclusive).
Innovation, originality and search for new design solutions for woodworking processes — those are the guidelines of the challenge.
Projects relating to the 2018 edition must be original and unpublished; they must enhance the use of production technologies and woodworking processes and typical finishing of the solid wood. The projects should also comply with specific functionality, with the current safety standards, with ergonomic characteristics, with both environmental and sustainable design characteristics.
Wood, whether in natural-finish, preferably in finishes prevalently used by the company, or painted, can be combined with metal, mirrors, crystals, leather, hides or fabric.
The competition is open to:
• Professionals category - Italian and/or foreign designers working independently or employed by companies (if duly authorized by their company).
• Students category - Italian and/or foreign students enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees and recent graduates.
For both categories, group entries are also permitted.
The documents must be delivered in digital format via the electronic procedure. Each participant (or group) must submit:
1. a brief report (max 3000 characters) outlining the motivations, the general concept, design features of the project and a description of the materials required.
The pdf file of the report is to be presented in portrait orientation on ISO-A4 paper (21 x 29.7 cm).
2. technical drawings consisting of three boards in landscape orientation on ISO-A3 (42 x 29.7 cm), in pdf format, composed on a layout of the board, which can be downloaded from the site http://www.porada-design-award.polidesign.net.
The boards will contain:
- Board 1: an overview, reference scenarios and modes of use, mood board, general concept of the object in the context of use and sources of inspiration;
- Board 2: technical drawings: plans, elevations, sections, axonometric projections, exploded views, design drawings listed in the appropriate scale and specifics of the details and material choices, which are considered important;
- Board 3: representation of the object, rendering, photos of the model.
The presentation boards should be combined into a single pdf file(maximum file size 5 Mb).
3. a preview image of the projectjpg format (maximum file size 1 Mb).
A jury composed of renowned experts in the field will judge and select the winning projects.
In evaluating the entries, the judges will take into account:
• the degree of innovation,
• pursuit of new design solutions related to the processes typically used for solid wood,
• experimentation with materials,
• surface finishes,
• the capacity of projects to define,
• anticipate scenarios of use and innovative concepts in the use of wooden furniture and contemporary furnishings, with particular regard to typological, technological and morphological decisions.
The jury will choose 3 winners for each of the two categories (Students and Professionals) in the competition, who will receive their awards at a dedicated event.
The outcome of the jury’s evaluation will be announced to the winners within the deadlines set and communicated via email.
There is no entry fees to partecipate!
Porada International Design Award 2018 is open to designers and creative people (individuals or groups), professionals or non-professionals, corporate employees and students.
There is no entry fee to participate!