Type With Pride Contest - DESIGN CONTEST
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
The Call for Entries titled Type With Pride Contest is now open!
Type With Pride Contest
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
Type With Pride Contest 2017 is the design contest recently opened for entries with the aim to celebrate diversity by encouraging the creative community to design its own banners, posters, videos and signs for the LGBTQ Pride March, based on the original design of the Gilbert typeface.
As a tribute to Gilbert Baker, the creator of the iconic Rainbow Flag, Fontself created the Gilbert font, and now is launching design contest titled Type With Pride Contest 2017 with promotional partners Adobe, NewFest, NYC Pride and Ogilvy & Mather, giving a chance to all creatives to use the Gilbert font for the greater good.
The goal of this contest is to celebrate diversity by encouraging the creative community to design its own banners, posters, videos and signs for the LGBTQ Pride March, based on the original design of the Gilbert typeface.
Applicants have to design an original artwork based on the Gilbert typeface (at least one character is required).
You can submit visual entries of any size, format and length around 3 categories:
• Print (Posters, banners, flyers)
• Motion (GIF, video, animation)
• Freeform (Lettering, graffiti, knitting, etc.)
Anyone can enter the Type With Pride contest by submitting an original piece of artwork that must meet the following criteria:
- Entry must feature the Gilbert typeface (at least one character is required)
- Entry could feature the rainbow flag (but this is not required)
- Entry could feature hand-made, digitally created content, or both types of content
- Entry could feature photos, drawings or backgrounds (but this is not required)
- Entry could be of any size, format or duration
The original Gilbert typeface is available for free on the official we site.
All submissions must not contain other third party materials protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights.
Lettering artist Alexis Taïeb (aka TYRSA) and Robyn Makinson, the graphic designer who crafted the Gilbert typeface, will be part of the jury that picks the most creative entries.
The winning entries will be showcased during the June 2017 Pride Month in New York.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
It's free to enter!
This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States & Washington, D.C., Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (excluding Quebec), China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India (excluding Tamil Nadu), Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and the United Kingdom, who are of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of primary residence as of date of entry.
There are 9 prizes available. 3 winners will be picked per category and 1 grand prize winner will be picked per category:
- The 3 grand prize winning entries will be showcased on Times Square screens and across New York during Pride Month, throughout June, 2017.
- Grand prize winners will also get a 1-year Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, a 1-year Adobe Stock subscription, plus a Fontself Bundle license for both Illustrator and Photoshop.
- The 6 other prize winners will each get a 1-year Adobe Stock subscription and a Fontself Bundle license for both Illustrator and Photoshop.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the competition Type With Pride Contest or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://www.typewithpride.com/contest
Category: DESIGN CONTEST
Official Website: Link
Published by: InfoDesigners
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Listed by: InfoDesigners