NTU Global Digital Art Prize 2019 now is over!
The NTU Global Digital Art Prize, biennial competition that recognises global artists and technologists with extraordinary creativity in digitally mediated art, design and cultural heritage, has been recently opened for entries for 2019.
The NTU Global Digital Art Prize is organised by the NTU Institute of Science and Technology for Humanity (NISTH) and the School of Art, Design and Media. Taking the form of a biennial art prize competition, it recognises global artists and technologists with extraordinary creativity in digitally mediated art, design and cultural heritage.
The theme of the inaugural NTU GDAP is Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The key components driving the Fourth Industrial Revolution include big data, the Internet of Things, robotics, artificial intelligence, real-time and deep data generation and analytics, 3D printing, machine learning, personalised health care and medicine, and cyber security. Their effectiveness in shaping the human condition in the 21st century will inevitably call for close integration of technological innovations with areas such as social sciences, ethics, policy, and digital arts and humanities.
Organiser are looking for imaginative works where artistry and scientific interests collide. Science has long inspired art and artists of the past have shown how they harnessed the scientific zeitgeist of their times to advance their art. Fast forward to the 21st century and we see how science and technology have integrated seamlessly into our everyday lives. The ways in which art can engage with science are broadening and they are looking for works that embrace human imagination and creativity, as well as critical thinking and scientific rigor in the development of new technological solutions.
The competition has two categories:
• International Professionals - welcomes all artists from around the world.
• Local Students (from any Singapore tertiary institution) - welcomes all students from Singapore, full-time or part-time, as of the submission deadline, 2359 hrs GMT+8 on 15 February 2019. A student studying any subject can qualify.
- Artwork must be related to the theme of NTU GDAP 2019: Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Artwork can be in any medium, size, format, genre or approach and must engage digital media or processes in more than 50% of the work.
Accepted media (can include one or more of the following):
- 2D, 3D, or 4D
- AI and robotics
- Conceptual or poetic
- Film and video
- Immersive media
- Online, social media, and mixed media forms
- Other experimental and emerging digital genres
- Painting, photography, and Wall-based work
- Physical computing
- Works submitted must be new or have never been previously exhibited.
- Each participant is only allowed 1 submission.
Submission of works will only be open from 17 December 2018 to 15 February 2019.
The best submissions will be selected by a panel of distinguished judges drawn from all over the world and will also have their debut showcase in October 2019. Only shortlisted finalists and winners will be contacted by email.
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
The NTU Global Digital Art Prize is open to international artists and local students (from any Singapore tertiary institution).
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!