Jerwood Drawing Prize 2017 - DRAW PRIZE
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
The Call for Entries titled Jerwood Drawing Prize 2017 is now open!
Jerwood Drawing Prize 2017
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
draw prize and the largest and longest running annual open exhibition for drawing in the UK titled Jerwood Drawing Prize for 2017 recently has opened the new call entries inviting all artist to submit they best works.
Artists are invited to submit entries for the new edition of drawing competition titled Jerwood Drawing Prize 2017, the largest and longest running annual open exhibition for drawing in the UK. It has established a reputation for its commitment to championing excellence, and promoting and celebrating the breadth of contemporary drawing practice within the UK.
Jerwood Drawing Prize is a joint initiative, led by Professor Anita Taylor (Dean of Bath School of Art) and Design at Bath Spa University and supported by Jerwood Charitable Foundation through its contemporary gallery programme Jerwood Visual Arts in London and on tour nationally.
Guildeline for submission:
• Work should not exceed 2.5m in any dimension when framed.
• Composite drawings must be presented within one frame.
• All projections (including mirror plates, d-rings and picture wire) MUST be removed from frames before submission in order to protect other works.
• Works that cannot be mirror plated must be accompanied by full installation instructions and if selected, the artist may be required to provide suitable fixings.
• Each drawing should be authenticated by the artist in an appropriate place, i.e. signed and dated, on the reverse of the work or frame is acceptable.
• Frames MUST be durable for handling and hanging purposes throughout the selection process, exhibition and tour. Perspex frames should be submitted in a packing case for protection during transportation and storage.
Clip-framed glass or metal frames are not eligible as they are dangerous for our handling team.
• Any unframed works submitted for consideration by the selection panel must be provided with adequate protective packaging and clear handling instructions for the selection process, exhibition and national tour.
This open exhibition is a platform for drawing practitioners to showcase their work alongside other leading contemporary artists in this field, and provides those selected with the opportunity to help define a wider understanding of drawing for future generations.
The nature of the exhibition is to generate debate about contemporary drawing practice and therefore work in any media is eligible for entry, if the artist considers it as drawing.
Artists may submit up to 3 drawings. Only works made since January 2016 are eligible for entry.
Entre fees start from 12 GBP, that's approximately 15 USD.
This competition is open to all artists currently resident in the UK, from student to established, working with drawing.
The prizes, which will be awarded to the winning artists at a ceremony on 12 September 2017, are:
• First Prize: 8,000 GBP (approx. 9,960 USD)
• Second Prize: 5,000 GBP (approx. 6,225 USD)
• (2) Student Awards: 2,000 GBP each
Moreover, the selectors will bring together up to 70 works for an exhibition in the Jerwood Visual Arts programme, at Jerwood Space, London from 13 September – 22 October 2017 and on tour to venues across the UK.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the competition Jerwood Drawing Prize 2017 or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://jerwooddrawingprize.artopps.co.uk/
Category: DRAW PRIZE
Official Website: Link
Published by: InfoDesigners
Organizer: Jerwood Charitable Foundation
Listed by: InfoDesigners