Architecture Drawing Prize 2018 now is over!
Architecture Drawing Prize 2018: The Architecture Drawing Prize is an international competition that celebrates the art and skill of architectural drawing recently opened in its second year inviting all architects, designers and students from around the world to take a part.
Curated by Make Architects, Sir John Soane’s Museum and the World Architecture Festival, now in its second year Architecture Drawing Prize is an international competition that celebrates the art and skill of architectural drawing.
In the spirit of many great architects of the past, from Palladio and John Soane to Le Corbusier and Cedric Price, this is an ideal platform for reflecting on and exploring how drawing continues to advance the art of architecture today.
There is a three categories:
• Digital (must be still image, not animated)
• Drawings should have been completed over the past 18 months.
• Initial anonymous submissions should be sent to World Architecture Festival using The Architecture Drawing Prize entry form in electronic form.
- Technical skill Success in conveying a design idea, be it a general concept or a specific proposal
- Originality of approach
- Quality of drawing irrespective of the project it may represent (built, unbuilt or purely conceptual)
- Extent to which the drawing makes a proposition about architecture, rather than simply recording it
Entrants whose work is shortlisted will be responsible for providing their entries in exhibition-ready form (original if hand drawn or hybrid with significant input from hand drawing; for digital material in the form intended for display, either high quality print or digital file if intended to be seen on screen).
The finalists are asked to kindly leave originals with The Architecture Drawing Prize team until November 2018 so that these can be exhibited at Sir John Soane’s Museum throughout October and November 2018.
Judging will take place at the end of September and all entrants will be informed if they won by early October.
The winners and shortlist will be announced in October, and will be on display at a dedicated exhibition at the Sir John Soane’s Museum in London from 17 October – 18 November.
• £150 per entry
• for under 30’s and students£50 (please use the discount code UNDER30 when entering online)
Entries are welcomed from architects, designers and students from around the world