| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
Biodiversity Drawing Competition 2019 - International Drawing competition
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Biodiversity Drawing Competition 2019, has been recently opened for entries and like every year has a main objective to promote the subject of biological natural heritage, like the natural regions, the ecosystems, the habitats and the species of wild fauna and flora, through the selection and classification of works, drawings and illustrations related to this subject.
Biodiversity Drawing Competition 2019, recently announced and organised by the Municipality of Vila Real and Zona Livre has as main objective to promote the subject of biological natural heritage, like the natural regions, the ecosystems, the habitats and the species of wild fauna and flora, through the selection and classification of works, drawings and illustrations related to this subject, according to the criteria defined in regulation.
This Drawing Competition is also seeks to promote illustration and design of nature and to encourage the growth of Participants who portray the natural heritage of the wild, as well as launching the debate and reflection of society on the need to knowing, promoting and conserving biodiversity.
The theme of the contest is the Biodiversity, portrayed through illustrations of wildlife, flora and wild habitats.
There are two categories:
• Illustration/Scientific Drawing - which applies concepts and techniques of drawing and elements of descriptive and informative character with scientific accuracy.
• Illustration/Nature Drawing - which seeks to portray, through drawing techniques, wild fauna and flora species
• Each Participant may submit a maximum of 2 illustrations for each of the categories provided in the competition.
• Drawings need to be send in a digital format, with a minimum size of 300 PPI in original piece size, saved in RGB and in JPEG format.
• The drawing techniques are free to be chosen, being mandatory the reference to the technique used.
• Illustrations / drawings concerning domesticated species or animals kept in or subjected to captivity shall not be accepted.
• The illustrations/drawings presented under the category Scientific Drawing must identify the presented species (through its complete and unambiguous scientific name) and a text with a maximum of 300 characters, that addresses and describes the main elements represented in the drawing (morphological or other details).
• Works that have been submitted in other editions and contests organized by the Entities mentioned in this regulation will not be accepted.
The Jury will evaluate the illustrations/drawings in the Competition within the theme, according to criteria of aesthetic and technical quality and also meeting the following criteria:
• Scientifc drawings: scientific accuracy, technical mastery and aesthetic quality, as well as the framing of the theme of the competition.
• Nature drawing: expressive domain, aesthetic quality and framing in the theme of the contest.
The Organizing Committee will inform by electronic mail the participants that are selected to join the Exhibition of Scientific Drawing and Nature Drawing until October 25, 2019. The public announcement of the winners of the Competition will take place at the Gala of the International Nature Image Festival (FIIN).
The registration in the contest implies the payment of 5€ per participant.
Who can enter?
The participation in the contest is open to any participant worldwide.
The prizes to be awarded in the category of Scientific Drawing are the following:
• 1st prize - €500
• 2nd prize - €200
• 3rd prize - €100
The prizes to be awarded in the category of Nature Drawing are the following:
• 1st prize - €250
• 2nd prize - €100
• 3rd prize - €50
For all further informations about the Biodiversity Drawing Competition 2019 visit the following official website: