Re-Draw.02 - Guggenheim New York Experimental Architecture Representation, recently organised by Non Architecture Competition, this time themed "Guggenheim New York"
, is accepting entries from all human beings, from every age and cultural background.
The aim of the “Re-Draw” competition is to develop one drawing to 'represent' an iconic architecture. The participants are asked to draft one image, with absolute freedom of scale, technique and level of abstraction.
Organiser encourage creativity, criticality and innovation. The drawing can highlight functional aspects of the building, showing a deep understanding of one or more design aspects. It can focus on the aesthetic qualities, experimenting and mastering a drawing technique with hyper-realistic outcomes, or it can be an optical deformation, a caricatural interpretation, a distant abstraction of the built architecture.
The drawing can strengthen a conventional interpretation of architecture, or explore a new angle, a new point of view, intellectual and/or physical. The Guggenheim New York can be portrayed as a whole, a part, or a collage of disconnected moments. The entry is completely flexible and adaptable to the participant’s interpretation.
You can use all the online open source material about the selected building to base your research.
Non Architecture is also unconventional in its submission requirements, not asking for posters or booklets. The participants are in fact asked to submit only 1 x ZIP folder containing:
● The drawing (JPEG) in format A3 landscape (horizontal), 300 dpi.
● A word document with 5 keywords to explain your project.
Non Architecture Competitions will award only 1 winner, selected by the jury collectively, and 6 honourable mentions, selected by each juror individually.
Winner will be announced from 25 – 31 May 2020.
● Special registration period (8 – 24 March) usualy 30 €, but now only 15€
● Early registration period (25 – 31 March) - 45 €
● Regular registration period (1 – 17 April) - 60 €
● Late registration period (18 – 26 April) - 75 €
Non Architecture Competitions are open to all human beings, from every age and cultural background, working in groups or individually. Teams can be formed by a maximum number of 2 people.
The following prizes will be awarded:
WINNER (1 Prize)
● 1.000 euros worth in gift cards from one of the major online shops chosen by the winner.
● Publication in the Non Architecture Competitions book and website.
● Reviews in digital magazines and several architecture blogs.
● Selected for the cover of the book.
● Being able to join as a Juror for the next Non Architecture Special Competition.
HONORABLE MENTIONS (6 Prizes)
Publication in the Non Architecture Competitions book and website.
Reviews in digital magazines and several architecture blogs.
FINALISTS (43 Prizes)
Publication in the Non Architecture Competitions book.
The organization might establish additional special prizes and awards during the competition development and in the evaluation phase.
Filed under ⇣
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: https://contestwatchers.com/