The Taipei International Design Award (TIDA) 2019, is now open for entries and celebrating their 12th anniversary invites designers from all parts of the world to participate!
Taipei City Government every year organizes the Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”, as an on-going gesture to the world, particularly to those with a passion for creativeness and design, a gesture in projecting the urban branding imagery of “Design Taipei; Dream Taipei".
This is an open call for outstanding international designs and an effort to shape Taipei into a convergence platform for creative designs, thereby to discover creative designs with business potential, and further still, to encourage practices of social design in an advocacy that design as a medium can bring humans a better, more pleasant and convenient life.
Taipei City Government has been devoted to shaping Taipei into a city with design visions and has been encouraging designers to contemplate on the meaning of design, to see design as a problem-solving tool, that is, to solve problems inevitably faced by the general public, the society or the city, and to further present Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”.
Entries are grouped into three main categories:
1) Industrial Design — this category refers to design works that can be mass-produced, including general and digital application, transportation tools, equipment and instruments, daily utilities and household goods, IT and home appliances, etc.
2) Visual Communication Design — includes designs of digital graphic creations, identity, posters, packaging and printing (including digital printing) etc.
3) Public Space Design — designs for open space provided for public use, government buildings and certain private establishments.
• Entries must be original creations of the contestants completed after June 30, 2017.
• All files should come in the formats of jpg, png, bmp, under 3MB in size and 1190 x 840 pixels in resolution above 72 dpi. max.3MB per photo.
• Upload design concept description, max.500 words. (English as the main language supported by other languages when necessary).
• Maximum 3 photos for categories (Industrial Design and Visual Communication Design) and for (Public Space Design) you can submit maximum 5 photos of the same work from different angles.
Please ensure the image resolution of the entries is sufficient enough for jurors to comprehend the work content and for the design concept to be presented fully.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
The Taipei International Design Award (TIDA) 2019 invites designers of different fields to participate in the competition.
The total award amounts to NT$3,800,000 which is more than $127,000 (USD)
. The following prize will be awarded:
• Taipei City Mayor Award - (NTD 600,000)
• Golden Award - (NTD 500,000)
• Silver Award - (NTD 200,000)
• Bronze Award - (NTD 150,000)
• IFI Special Award - (NTD10,000)
• Social Design Award - (NTD 150,000)
• Applied Design Award - (NTD 150,000)
• Universal Design Award - (NTD 150,000)
• Judges’ Special Award - (NTD 10,000)
• People's Choice Award - (NTD 10,000)
• Sponsors Award
Aside from the cash prize, all winners will also receive a trophy and a certificate of recognition; the People’s Choice Award, Sponsors Award, and Distinction winners will receive a certificate of recognition.
For all further informations about the Taipei International Design Award (TIDA) 2019 visit the following official website here.