International Eyewear Design Contest 2018 now is over!
Organised by OWP Brillen, International Eyewear Design Contest 2018 has been recently opened for entries with aim to identify and honour creatively innovative product ideas in the area of corrective frames and sunglasses, inviting all university-level students in programs of study that emphasize creativity or graduates who have completed within the last four years.
International Eyewear Design Contest 2018, has been recently organised by OWP Brillen. The goal of this contest is to identify and honor creatively innovative product ideas in the area of corrective frames and sunglasses.
The OWP Brillen company has created glasses collections of international quality ever since its establishment in 1947.
The design concepts draw on and expand upon the latest trends in fashion and design. The contestants are free to design frames for women or men. With respect to the choice of materials, contestants should use materials that are processed on an industrial scale.
Previously published works may not be submitted. Contest participants grant their consent to make their works available for purposes of publication and exhibition.
Submission packages must include:
1. One completed application form inclusive of a summary description of the designer‘s intention.
2. Design plan, in hard copy format on DIN A4-size paper and in electronic format as a PDF on CD/DVD, 300 dpi resolution. Each format must contain the drawing, which shows the front view, side view and top view.
3. Optional: Mock-up (model) of the entry and explanatory sketches and photographs.
The design concepts should take into account:
1. Technical feasibility / producibility
2. Choice / combinations of materials and creative implementation
3. Wearability of the frames
4. Correctness of product technology / functionality
The entries will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
1. Idea and conceptualization
2. Preliminary analytical and conceptual work
3. Creativity and design quality of the methods used to achieve the result
4. Visual implementation and result and / or technical execution
The winning projects will be presented at the largest optical trade fairs in Germany and abroad.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
For the further information please visit the official website.
Who can participate? ⇣
This competition is open worldwide to university-level students in programs of study that emphasize creativity, or graduates who have completed within the last four years.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!